VJMC Event

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend, Atlantic, Iowa. I pull'd my 75' Xs650 Police ( I made it ) from winter slumber, changed the oil, tossed in the battery... good gas and it fired straight away.. I rebuilt the engine, and it has less then 100 miles. All pursuit lights and siren work. I'll trip down with my buddy, 350 Honda. (both trailered) There's usually about 25-30 bikes at the event. Great breakfast greasy spoon downtown. Check the website... for the event... VJMC " Meet in the Middle ". :cool:

Attachments

• Xs 650P.jpg
    Xs 650P.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Xs 650 P tank.jpg
    Xs 650 P tank.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 74
  • XS traffic.jpg
    XS traffic.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 75
Mike what hotel you staying at? My survivor needs a shake down cruise. Wonder if there is a mean green machine up to it also? @gggGary

For anyone inclined to camp. Check out Lake Anita. Just outside of Anita Iowa. About 15 miles east of Atlantic via 83. Great little spot. Wish I could make it this year.

Marne is just over the hill from Atlantic. I'm sure you all know this, but Baxter Cycles has a shop there. They have a nice bit of business going with the old Brit bikes.

Roy

I'm told our hotel is ... Rock Island Inn. The one we usually use is booked. Perhaps a good omen for the event. I always visit Baxter cycle. Royal Enfield and Triumph dealer. The only thing going on in the city where Baxter is located. Don't think there's even a gas station..... If you move there the city will give you a lot..for free.. August 20th I believe is their open house and auction. Lots of old Harley's... bring money. Last year a barn fresh... very barn fresh Indian Chief from the 50's hammered for 40 grand. Back room at Baxter... lots of vintage Brit bikes.... I call it the sticker shock room. Tonight, was the yearly ice cream social hosted by the local Viking chapter of the AMCA at the VA home. About 50 bikes... club provides the ice cream treats... several old Vet's come out and enjoy the bikes and talking to the riders.

Attachments

• VA 2.jpg
    VA 2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 67
  • VA 4.jpg
    VA 4.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 62
  • VA Hosp 2.jpg
    VA Hosp 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 68
  • VA 3.jpg
    VA 3.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 66
  • VA 1.jpg
    VA 1.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 66
HOT HOT HOT (low 90's) in Atlantic Iowa..... this year an onsite BBQ food truck and live entertainment. The $5.00 entry fee came with a side stand foot pad and a ticket for a sandwich at the truck. Nearby Baxter Cycle.... Royal Enfield-Triumph dealer and vintage British. Note the price for the Vincent drag bike. The Honda and Kaw 750's were stunning. My buddy Bob, on his 68' Cl350 Honda... always has two meals at breakfast.... I think his oars don't really go into the water at times. Saturday evening a get together at the host home.. food and drink. Sunday group ride to Kamikaze Motors ( visit the website, basically a cycle bone yard)

Attachments

• Atl 8.jpg
    Atl 8.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Atl 12.jpg
    Atl 12.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Atl 6.jpg
    Atl 6.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Atl 5.jpg
    Atl 5.jpg