Wanting to keep mid controls for hardtail...

maxpower3

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to use the stock exhaust mounts for mid-controls on a hardtail
(write up here: http://www.xs650chopper.com/2009/11/mulligan-machine-mids-mod). Problem is that I can't find the generic 'cast mount pegs' the guy uses in that link....can anyone help ID those pegs so I can grab a set of them? Thanks in advance!

1712334903084.png

What do you mean 'missing'? Should I have them already? I have the longer rubber tipped pegs, but not te shorter, rubberless ones shown in the picture.

I don't like that it only uses one bolt to mount.

I made two quarter inch steel plates that used both exhaust mount bolt holes and came up to the correct height and drilled a second third hole for the pegs. My bracket looks simular to a rounded triangle on the top with a hole in the top for the peg and two holes on the bottom two screw into the exhaust mounts.

For pegs I used straight Harley highway pegs.

That's what I assumed to, but you can see from the top pic on that link that my stock pegs don't look like the bare ones he has. Mine are way longer

The pegs in that pic are anderson style pegs. I found mine on e-bay. They were old Cal-Cycle units someone had. I just made the mounts out of some 1/4" plate and square stock.

Attachments

• rsz_bikes_002.jpg
    rsz_bikes_002.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 487
That's what I assumed to, but you can see from the top pic on that link that my stock pegs don't look like the bare ones he has. Mine are way longer

"The first step, was to cut the brackets leaving only the original two mounting holes. "

"The first step, was to cut the brackets leaving only the original two mounting holes. "

OHHHHHHHHHHHH! Dang, I get it. Ok, so I'm using the stock pegs for the 2 holes on the base, but I need to buy the Anderson pegs, as someone mentioned above. Got it.

I saw that setup as well. I decided to make mine, because with the square stock, I could move the pegs out a bit wider. Made it a little more comfortable for me, and keeps my legs away from my pipes.

Attachments

• 0830001001a.jpg
    0830001001a.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 460
Back