WHAT OTHER MOTORCYCLES DO YOU HAVE BESIDES A YAMAHA XS/TX650 LEST'S SEE PICTURES

2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT 1.jpg

I bought an '82 KZ750H last year that needed a total rebuild. I thought I would have a rider in 6 mo. Well it's been almost a year and it's not ready. Should be soon though. Now if I could just get this Chromebook to work and download pictures.

Since I was reading this forum last before today, I mentioned in the first thread of this post back in May 2021, at the time, the red 1990 Harley Davidson Evolution Heritage was undergoing a restoration. The bike went from looing like it did in the top picture below, to looking like it does now in the 2 bottom pictures below. A lot of work has gone into this restoration project. Including annihilator 4 piston brake callipers that do pull you up quick, 42ml Mikuni HSR carburettor, EV27 cam shaft, S&S adjustable push rods and an Ulitma adjustable ignition fitted. A Two tone paint job done in the backyard with quality, paint spray cans, then cut and sliced with every coat of paint sprayed, including the 4 coats of clear at the end of the job, to the tank, fenders and frame. People just can't believe the paint job was not performed in two pack paint out of a spray gun in a spray booth. A lot of chroming has been done to various parts of the Heritage. Also new complete wheels with white wall tires have been fitted, the Shovelhead FLH front end, was replaced with a Heritage front end, new half moon running boards fitted. 14" Ape Hangers handlebars fitted. 2000 to 2006 Heritage header pipes with flame embossed into the metal with S&S cross over mufflers fitted where the cross over is hidden, the muffler exhaust bracket forms the cross over. Padded leather hand grips, tank badges, front and rear fender decals, quick release sissy bar and rack, K&N air filter, Live To Ride air cleaner cover, cam cover plate, primary derby cover, primary inspection plate were also fitted.......Still to be fitted, 2011 quick release Heritage saddle bags, 2011 Heritage quick release windscreen. Last but not least the speedo trip meter adjuster knob. Now this will really surprise you the entire restoration was done by my girlfriend including the paint job, Currently underway is a restoration on the blue 1990 Heritage followed by the 1981 Shovelhead, then its time for her and I to redo my 1981 XS650 Chopper, and then finally put a 1974 TX650A slight custom together from some parts we have had laying around for years.
1990 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 1.jpg
1990 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 6.jpg
1990 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 7.jpg

Last edited:
I have a XS 850 long term project. It is going to be a bit of a mongrel when finished, as it has a CB900 tank and I have a Kawasaki bikini fairing to fit.The single seat needs some work. I have wire wheels for it and have R1 calipers all round. In a cupboard I have a bank of nice flatslides with velocity stacks and sock filters all new. I saw reason and bought a nice stainless 3 into one. I work on this in fits and starts but as Jim says I can feel it glaring at me when I walk past.
I only have Yamahas in my shed more by accident than design and I thought the XS850 was an obese ugly slug when they were new but quite like them now.
20221006_850 2.jpg

Except for some small ATVs (good for thin ice) this 89ish CB1, 400 cc 13,500 rpm is my stable along with the tracker and the red bike.

Attachments

• 16650231536845923255177036884766.jpg
    16650231536845923255177036884766.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 38
Back