When Karma hits but it still really isn't enough.

Kevin Werner

Amatuer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My sister's oldest granddaughter, Grace, was on the road to being a shining example of a daughter in a one parent home being a shining success. Her mom (my niece) did not always exhibit the most discerning eye when chosing boyfriends but Grace entered her senior year of highschool with very good grades and was active in school activities. Her father was long out of the picture. (This is a true story) My mom passed away in early 2017 and all of us got to spend quality time with her and she was able to give each of her grandkids and great grandkids some little momento.
In the fall of 2017 Grace was driving to pickup a younger sibling from school, dance, football practice, whatever. I don't know that I ever knew those details... A loaded dump truck plowed through a red light and her car that night. She spent months in a coma in the hospital with a severe brain injury. Mom's St Christopher momento maybe spared her, it was still in the wrecked car hanging on the key chain. Recovery came slow and incomplete and a new personality emerged. Marijuana was the only medication that eased her headaches.
(This is a true story) A settlement was reached with the trucking company 3 or 4 years later. My sister works closely with the legal professionals in her large community and had the best representation available. In the interim Grace had become a legal adult. Also, she is not really able to keep employment... Grace smokes alot of marijuana all day to ease her headaches. Grace became romanticaly involved with a scumball. He figured out how to drain her accounts (how aware is a person who smokes marijuana all day going to be?}.... So, true story...
Earlier this year scumball that stole Grace's settlement gets arrested and jailed. Bad choice boyfriend #1 of Grace's mom who is Grace's dad turns out to be the cellmate that night. Scumball had no idea. Bad choice knew the score right away, Scumball went for an extended stay in the hospital and bad choice #1 got a few extra charges.
NO, not enough...

Sad story about Grace, I hope she will soon meet a good person who is worthy of her. You hear stories all the time of slime balls who steal from others and I wish them all the bad in the world. Best wishes to you, Grace and the rest of your family in 2024!

Who was it that said "Vengeance is Mine"?
Without getting into the minutiae, my 16 year old younger sister was brutally murdered by her 19 year old boyfriend 49 years ago on New Years Eve, minutes before midnight.
Happy New Year.
Upon sentencing, the perp was given no less than ten, no more than thirty - deemed second degree. He got out in thirteen.
A few years after he had got out, a very good friend said that he could find him and take care of it, if I wanted. I'll note that I had always envisioned taking the perps head off with a pointed shovel. I told my Bud to let it be, no sense jeopardizing ourselves on trash, and what's done is done.
The perp died thirty years to the day - repeat - thirty years TO THE DAY of the murder from terminal lung cancer.
Thirty year sentence, thirty anniversaries, thirty years of haunting memories.
Happy New Year.
It was somebody that surely works in mysterious ways......

Without getting into the minutiae, my 16 year old younger sister was brutally murdered by her 19 year old boyfriend 49 years ago on New Years Eve, minutes before midnight.
Happy New Year.
Upon sentencing, the perp was given no less than ten, no more than thirty - deemed second degree. He got out in thirteen.
A few years after he had got out, a very good friend said that he could find him and take care of it, if I wanted. I'll note that I had always envisioned taking the perps head off with a pointed shovel. I told my Bud to let it be, no sense jeopardizing ourselves on trash, and what's done is done.
The perp died thirty years to the day - repeat - thirty years TO THE DAY of the murder from terminal lung cancer.
Thirty year sentence, thirty anniversaries, thirty years of haunting memories.
Happy New Year.
It was somebody that surely works in mysterious ways......
Sorry to hear of your loss.
I hope he suffered to his end.

Back