When will the xs650 hardtail fad end

If imagination was really involved nobody would object (not to say that anybody objects anyway).

I don't know, but someone is bound to get pissed off, so it should be entertaining (read: Teebs thinks your anger is funny.) Thanks, joe-wiseguy!

Last edited:
Ok, you start. Say something like "stock XS650's are as ugly as any AMC car made in 1974", and throw in a "why would anyone normal want one". Or go the other way with a "guys who chop these wonderful machines are Jesse James wannabe's with no imagination" and are "driving the prices of used ones up" . You know how it goes... Let the fun begin! Everyone rant!

It"s sickening to me that all these bikes are being chopped up,but it's even worse that they all look the same. If I see another tc bros weld on hardtail with a sportster tank,whitewalls,and a yellow lens in the headlight I'm gonna freak. If your gonna chop do something different, be creative don't just think your being creative. Jockey shift yeh uh thats not so unique either,but one of the things that boggles the mind is the way these guys set up the frames, worst lines I have ever seen on something with a motor since the pacer.YOU LOOK LIKE A GIANT RIDING ON AN ACUTE TRIANGLE.THE BACKBONE IS SO SHORT AND STEEP U CAN BARELY SEE OVER THE GAS TANK. You know they do sell pipe benders and welders so you can do your own thing :doh:. I just had to get that off my mind.:banghead::banghead:

I kind of like XStwin's original post, since restoring one of these to original is about as pointless as restoring a Pacer...

...and 95% of the guys chopping these are Jesse James wannabes with no imagination, but remember; you said it.

Being a true gearhead, i personally will study every aspect of any bike, even one that that i am not very fond of. The part about building bikes or cars is that anybody can make it their own. Some small part or piece could give you an idea or a better way to achieve what you are personally looking for. They are a lot of bikes i don't like but why down somebody for what their taste is. But again this is just one mans' opinion of the way i see it.

I didn't even go back to the original post! That's funny! I just pulled AMC out of my ass, and there it is, in the original post! I'm gonna go call Sandra Bullock now.

Alright, I'll be back later. It's sunny, and I'm going for a ride. Sandra's not home and doesn't carry a cell. Teebs, go work on that tank. You cut the neck yet?

Ok, nice day for a ride. A liittle cool, but refreshing. Had an air show at the airport today, saw some cool old war planes. Where's all the rants? Where the heck are the "MY bike ideas are way BETTER than YOUR bike ideas" ? Huh? Sorry, Teebs. I wasn't trying to be bossy, sometimes I'm a little cranky when I've had too much coffee.

The thing about XS choppers is the makers are unimaginative and the choppers suck. XS choppers are worse than stock! All that welding talent wasted...sigh. Join the motorcycle chassis list if you want to see imagination.

Tom Graham
Studied amateur motorcycle engineer.

lol !
Well 20-30 years ago I thought they should all be stock,as Ive got older i want to hardtail every XS I see simply cos they look better that way, not chops (engine looks lost in a long frame) but as a bobber you cant beat 'em :thumbsup:

I hope it never ends! The more Jap bikes the better. It's not like these things are rare or anything.

Who cares. Cut them all up!

The thing about XS choppers is the makers are unimaginative and the choppers suck. XS choppers are worse than stock! All that welding talent wasted...sigh. Join the motorcycle chassis list if you want to see imagination.

Tom Graham
Studied amateur motorcycle engineer.
That's it? C'mon, let's here it from both sides now.

Like other many other things kids do, someday you'll regret cutting up your XS650.

Back