When will the xs650 hardtail fad end

Turn your old volkswagen into a dune buggy and your old truck in to a big wheeler so it won't be lonely at the junk yard three years from now :)

To be quite honest it should never end since it has gone on for decades now BUT and I mean BUT there is a new consensus that the suspension is highly favored by those of us that have been riding for many years.I have 3 hard tails and 2 softails and I take the softails out for the canyon runs and foot peg grinding and the hard tails for the show and shines bar hoping. Xp

cutting up an xs650 is as natural as wiping your ass when you are done taking a poopie. there is pure gratification in doing both well.

oh well banned from another xs forum again..........

It"s sickening to me that I'm reading another "chopper hater"thread, but it's even worse that they all look the same. If I see another guy that can't weld on hardtail with a sportster tank, add whitewalls, and a yellow lens in the headlight I'm gonna freak. If you're gonna post a hater thread do something different, be creative don't just think your being creative etc, etc.... I just had to get that off my mind. :banghead::banghead: p.s. I'm just busting them a little xstwin:laugh::laugh::laugh: nothing personal :) but really I've read this same subject a hundred times! so let's try something creative shall we:poke: Think about the guys that do it because they like too and have fun doing so, thats what bikes are all about! Building a motor or chopper, riding stock or cafe, it's all good :thumbsup:

Hey Scott what happened to the sweet old original stocker you had did you sell it?:wink2:

cutting up an xs650 is as natural as wiping your ass when you are done taking a poopie. there is pure gratification in doing both well.

oh well banned from another xs forum again..........

No worries it just makes the original stock xs worth more :rock: and I have 2 right now

my mission in life is to buy every xs650 i can and take it apart and weld on a tc brothers hardtail.

i'm really hoping to find the really early ones. that would be best. and if they are in perfect condition that would be best. saves me spending money having to clean a dirty frame and make repairs.
:shrug: :rolleyes:

And i hate the unoriginal stock bikes. at least i'm trying to polish a turd :D

my mission in life is to buy every xs650 i can and take it apart and weld on a tc brothers hardtail.

i'm really hoping to find the really early ones. that would be best. and if they are in perfect condition that would be best. saves me spending money having to clean a dirty frame and make repairs.
:shrug: :rolleyes:

And i hate the unoriginal stock bikes. at least i'm trying to polish a turd :D

Actually check out that link that I posted anD see if you can build something of worth, something cool

http://www.amdchampionship.com/cont...ection=viewbike&event=2009euro&bikenumber=131

I posted the link for ya there ya hack lol take a look no ones made a xs yet or entered it

i'm just trying to get people to lighten up. :D

I was trying to get you all to build something unique if you are going to cut it up make something nice put some effort and pride into what you do. It is the representation of who you are so........?

yeah I hear whatcha sayin still tho :shrug:

Allegro, I'm confused... are you being serious or just prodding people? Doesn't your bike have a frame by Ardcore and their diamond-stitched saddle? With a Sporty tank on it? Pipes made by Great Scott? The standard "Stop" ford tail light? Not criticizing, but also not sure what's unique about it. It looks just like most of the other hardtail/sporty tank scoots. The frame is nicer, has some rake and stretch, but still. I'm thinking that you must be joking, right?

well I am gonna build my own dropped seat rigid with a dropped spine and more stretch and rake than should be allowed by law ( probably IS more than the law allows.) and just for $#!T$ and giggles: a fat-ish tire... but only a 180 at most.

Allegro, I'm confused... are you being serious or just prodding people? Doesn't your bike have a frame by Ardcore and their diamond-stitched saddle? With a Sporty tank on it? Pipes made by Great Scott? The standard "Stop" ford tail light? Not criticizing, but also not sure what's unique about it. It looks just like most of the other hardtail/sporty tank scoots. The frame is nicer, has some rake and stretch, but still. I'm thinking that you must be joking, right?

Actually you are very correct,:shrug: but let me tell you this Teebs do disrespect to anybody, I bought that frame, its not a back half job, When I got it Being bitten by the bug, I realized it was NOTHING I had imagined it to be.This bike is finished but never ridden and I will probably flog it and build my own bike from scratch. I guess Teebs as I was putting this bike together I realized how much differently I would have built it. I'm not going to say I don't like my hartails (3) but they are all custom frames not one back half job.And since then I have gone to more shows and swap meets met more people who took the time to make something different, I have learned to appreciate and respect their creativity, and hoped that maybe some others would not have to go through the expensive learning curve I did.............I guess what you were saying was (you are one to talk) as in an oxymoron statement.

Last edited:
No worries Teebs, I still have a 70 chopper to build and a board tracker all hardtails.But I have a 70 XS1 that I got and needs a little bit of paint and rework to get her roadworthy I am hoping to get all 5 bikes ready for next spring.....Hoping:D

Back