Which digital ignition kit to git?

ThrottleJock

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figure I'm going to squash my weak ignition system bugs and swap in a digital ignition kit of the high voltage variety. Pamco? Boyer Bransden? I want something that's got mega power and is basically set it and forget it.

Which one should I get? I'm switching to a tiny battery and I'm going racing so I need this isht to work! :) It'll be going on a '76 model.

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-81.html#products

Last edited:
Being a 76 model the Pamco will be cheaper than the Boyer. Any of the kits that don't have the advancer parts will work. I might suggest either the #14-0911 or the #14-0914.
The #14-0911 has the Green monster coil, I'm using it now, very nice. The #14-0914 has the new 82k volt cool running coil. This is the green monster coil +. It also includes the Iridium plugs.
At $155 and $179 they both are less than a Boyer At around $250.
If you do have problems the inventer and manufacturer of the Pamco is a site member. His customer support and warranty service is the absolute best anywhere.

Awesome, THANKS XSLeo! I was a little overwhelmed with the choices. The aftermarket support for these bikes is insane, but for a new guy it's a LOT to digest.

Thanks again

Back