Wiring question for horn

TXterror

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi y’all, so I bought a blinker wiring harness that is a stand alone unit. Doesn’t wire into existing wire harness. Which my bike doesn’t have (wiring harness). My question is how would I go abouts connecting a horn to the control. Blinker unit came with blinker controls that has buttons for high and low beam and horn. Tried wiring a horn but can’t get figure it out. I attached pics of the unit.

Also where does the green (negative) wire get connected to? Is that just a ground connection?

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• IMG_8238.png
    IMG_8238.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8517.jpeg
    IMG_8517.jpeg
    555.4 KB · Views: 18
I would say that the ground is connected to ground bus, but since you don't have a harness on the bike, then I don't know? The wire labeled for the horn will go to the horn. I assume there is a wire feeding the switch that will be connected to a 12 volt bus. This 12 volt feed will come from the battery through a main fuse and the main switch. These ground and 12 volt feeds would normally end up in the headlight bucket, which is where you would connect all of this together. Best to look at a wiring diagram for your bike. But I guess the big question is how are you going to do this if you don't have a harness on the bike?

Back