Wanted - WTB - Complete XS650 for full restoration

GeorgeOC

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hello to the community!

After some time away from XS650.com, and motorcycles in general (first child is now 3yrs old...) here I am back in the mix. My '76 went on to a great new owner, and I regret selling. Bet that is not a new phenomenon. I am looking for a restoration candidate. Ideally looking for '78 model or earlier, in one piece, in as close to original condition. I'd love to find one that has not been opened up. Flexible on the rest, and the closer to California the better. If missing parts, not an issue. Non-op, no problem!

Thanks for reading, please let me know if you have something you'd like to move along.

-GB

After some time away from XS650.com, and motorcycles in general (first child is now 3yrs old...) here I am back in the mix.

Hey! George is back! It’s good to hear from you! I know what you mean about life getting in the way of your hobbies, a lot of us have been there. Good luck on your search for a new project and keep us in the loop buddy! 👍🏻
-Bob

Hey! George is back! It’s good to hear from you! I know what you mean about life getting in the way of your hobbies, a lot of us have been there. Good luck on your search for a new project and keep us in the loop buddy! 👍🏻
-Bob
Hey Bob! Great to be back! Thanks for your message. I’ll be sharing as soon as I find a suitable sled. There certainly seem to be fewer options than my last go round 5-6yrs ago. No doubt the great moto shortage of late is a huge contributor.

Thanks for the note!
-GB

Looks like a ‘78, ‘76 and ‘75 models. Lots of parts there. A lot of them are interchangeable but in the end, you still have no titles for registration.
Thanks Willis, agreed. Here in CA going through the process of titling/registering without those docs likely is a pain I do not want. The '75 does look compelling though.

Back