For Sale - Yamaha XS650

oscaro

XS650 Member
Reaction score
For Sale: Yamaha XS650. The pictures show this bike is in very, very good running- driving condition. Of course it does have the normal patina a bike of this age should have. This bike is a joy to drive. The only thing it could use would be the starter button (occasionally sticks). Starts first or second kick. Idles and runs out smooth. (I do have the original seat and it can be converted back to that seat in minutes.) I just prefer the look of this seat. This bike needs nothing but the starter button and an owner who will drive/enjoy it. Please call on the phone 920-623-2807 so we can talk instead of emailing questions-answers back and forth. This is my first time selling on this forum and I am having a difficult time navigating the email and responding to emails, so please call. $2500 or offer.

Attachments

• DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC00700.JPG
    DSC00700.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC00696.JPG
    DSC00696.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Well I've been debating that. The standards tend towards the highest value as completely stock. The spoke wheels prolly better than mags. Pictures don't do a good job as far as condition of chrome dents dings inside of gas tank any problems with original seat paint etc. A full maint done or needed. shouldn't be ANY issues with $3K specials, how old are the tires? Values have been going generally up but 2-3 would prolly be the range. with the low miles and great chrome. I'd be putting it on the Madison or Milwaukee craigslist. and FB various WI MC Groups. and XS650 buy sell. prepare yourself for the flakes.....

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. The chrome is very good shape its not show room but does not have rust or anything like that. the pipes have the normal discoloring for the first 8 inches, the tank inside is very clean with no rust or corrosion, The tank has been repainted and its a nice paint job but again it isn't show-room. The exhaust pipe on the right has two 1/4 inch tall vertical "dings" but you might not see them if I didn't point them out. It did just get serviced, oil-filters, wheel bearings greased, cables lubed, chain cleaned-lubed with jp1, brakes were inspected and found to be like new, carbs were cleaned, new plugs, the original seat is fine no tears or holes just needs cleaning, tires are not new but have good tread left at least a thousand/fifteenhundred miles or more. Maybe 3000 is a bit high, considering it isnt perfect-showroom but it is super nice- and it will need tires someday. Maybe I'll drop to 2500 and see what happens. I have had 2 people respond but I cant figure out how to open or respond to them. Is it the same as when I first sent you a message or how do I reply directly to what they sent me? ( Old people and computers ....... I should have learned this when I was in my 50s ) Thanks for talking with me Oscar

If you are getting a PM from the forum you will get an email with a link back here or just look in your message folder
upload_2021-3-22_8-48-40.png

Thanks for your help. The chrome is very good shape its not show room but does not have rust or anything like that. the pipes have the normal discoloring for the first 8 inches, the tank inside is very clean with no rust or corrosion, The tank has been repainted and its a nice paint job but again it isn't show-room. The exhaust pipe on the right has two 1/4 inch tall vertical "dings" but you might not see them if I didn't point them out. It did just get serviced, oil-filters, wheel bearings greased, cables lubed, chain cleaned-lubed with jp1, brakes were inspected and found to be like new, carbs were cleaned, new plugs, the original seat is fine no tears or holes just needs cleaning, tires are not new but have good tread left at least a thousand/fifteenhundred miles or more. Maybe 3000 is a bit high, considering it isnt perfect-showroom but it is super nice- and it will need tires someday. Maybe I'll drop to 2500 and see what happens. I have had 2 people respond but I cant figure out how to open or respond to them. Is it the same as when I first sent you a message or how do I reply directly to what they sent me? ( Old people and computers ....... I should have learned this when I was in my 50s ) Thanks for talking with me Oscar
If you are getting a PM from the forum you will get an email with a link back here or just look in your message folder
View attachment 187654

For Sale: Yamaha XS650. The pictures show this bike is in very, very good running- driving condition. Of course it does have the normal patina a bike of this age should have. This bike is a joy to drive. The only thing it could use would be the starter button (occasionally sticks). Starts first or second kick. Idles and runs out smooth. (I do have the original seat and it can be converted back to that seat in minutes.) I just prefer the look of this seat. This bike needs nothing but the starter button and an owner who will drive/enjoy it. Please call on the phone 920-623-2807 so we can talk instead of emailing questions-answers back and forth. This is my first time selling on this forum and I am having a difficult time navigating the email and responding to emails, so please call. $2500 or offer.
Did you still have this bike or did it sell?