Yuasa Battery? Which one?

NewestOnTheBlock

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm in need of a new battery. I have a walmart everlast one that is barely hanging on, and i've decided to go with a Yuasa. I originally was thinking of Shorai or Ballistics, but Yuasa is the cheapest of those 3, and has the stronger reputation and is more available locally.

What i'm trying to figure out is which battery I need to get? I have a stock 79' or 80' (I don't have the paper work or am near the bike to find out forsure) that I plan to keep the electric starter on. My research on this and other forums have pointed me to the YTX14AHL-BS (and I like that its maintenance-free), however before I spend the money I 'd like to know forsure that I am getting the right one. Is there a better Yuasa out there that I should look at? my only real request besides being reliable/dependable is that it is maintenance free. For now, battery size does not matter.

I think I read your post wrong originally.

Did you try the Yuasa website?

Last edited:
GS Yuasa makes the Walmart/everlast batteries. Look at the top of it. The GS between the posts is their trademark. Read the print on the bottom of the case too.

20130715_123613_zps35a052f9.jpg

YTX14AHL-BS

Yes that's what I have, great battery, no overflow pipe to worry about.

That's a good battery. Read the instructions, activate it properly (never just fill and throw it in!) and keep it topped up with a smart charger at least once every week or two and it will last for years. My stock AGM in my SV650 lasted 7 years. It's replacement (Walmart/GS Yuasa) lasted 5 years, but in fairness, it was taken out by voltage regulator failure and cooked it.

Back