1980 Bobber Build on Mr. Lucky's Frame

Shitty, glad we don't have to have inspections here in Michigan. There is no way they would pass without baffles that's for sure.

Shitty, glad we don't have to have inspections here in Michigan. There is no way they would pass without baffles that's for sure.

I need the inspection the first time as the frame only has a MCO, not a VIN. If I were doing a weld on hardtail that wouldn't be an issue.

Kent

I would just register the bike with your original title. There is no reason they need to know it's a different frame. The vin #'s are on a sticker and not etched into the frame so frames that are powder coated such as mine you can't even see the vin anyway. As far as the DOT and my insurance knows it's a stock 81 xs650

My 1980xs is registed at a normal 1980, they dont know its a bobber...DMV didnt ask me any questions....i wrote down i paid 50 dollars for the bike...all i did was hand in the old title which i signed over myself....i used the vin numbers of the sticker on the neck....the less they know the better...ins is registered as a normal 1980xs....if you go with full coverage they may ask more questions...

My 1980xs is registed at a normal 1980, they dont know its a bobber...DMV didnt ask me any questions....i wrote down i paid 50 dollars for the bike...all i did was hand in the old title which i signed over myself....i used the vin numbers of the sticker on the neck....the less they know the better...ins is registered as a normal 1980xs....if you go with full coverage they may ask more questions...

I may still use the donor frame down the road for another build, so I'd rather not have to use that VIN if I can go through the custom vehicle process. Using the VIN off of that frame would basically mean I'd need to destroy that frame to prevent someone else from ever trying to re-register that VIN.

Kent

I love the pipes...they look alot like mine...i had mine done about a year ago by a local shop...no problems......
:hijack: No you didn't! :laugh: I made those :doh: I can tell by my flanges, you have the bike posted in another thread and I can see those are the flanges I make :laugh:

Last edited:
yeah...maybe i am just tired of looking at them, the two colors do nothing for me....i did the pipes a while ago and now i see more of them around...they sound really loud... a local guy made them up for $250.... i'll try the paint soon...
You see more off them around because I've made more since I made yours :laugh: And your own words here... About uknowme2goog
Biography
Just got my bike in Sept 2010, a 1980 xs650..
Motorcycles
This is my first XS and so far its been alot of fun.
Signature
If your not first, your last...
http://www.xs650.com/forum/member.php?u=2624 you just got your bike in Sep 2010 and you had these made a year ago? you have access to time travel LOL....

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA Gordonscott just opened a can of whoopass w/ the B.S. card pulled out!! I love it when people make things up its like they feel cooler or something ( Until they get caught out of coarse):laugh::doh:

Hmmm sounds like the loser JW on xs650chopper.com. told everyone he built the bike from the frame up and it was a complete Ardcore build that nate called him out on. Then he continued to say he built it. To top it off 3 months later it was in backtalk on the horse saying it was his build. Moral of the story if you didn't build it don't claim you did! Starting to see alot of this at bike shows. Now! Back to a documented build......

Yes indeed. Almost finished with mocking up the xs. Really looking to put some miles on my bikes this summer.

I once ate a pepper that was so hot I could see through time. Does that count? ;)

Kent

I once got so drunk I could see noises. I figure if I could combine that with your magic peppers I may be onto something.

Great lookin build so far. And ideas on color?

I once got so drunk I could see noises. I figure if I could combine that with your magic peppers I may be onto something.

Great lookin build so far. And ideas on color?

I think we're onto something! All I know is she wants red. I brought home a few color chart books for her to look through. I think she likes Toreador Red Pearl, which was a Ford color. We'll see where she really settles at. :laugh:

Kent

Back