1982 heritage special 2 first build

eagletoot

eagletoot
Reaction score
I live in brooklyn, Ny and this is my first bike and first build, its 1982 xs650 heritage special 2. ive been getting a lot of inspiration from custom triumph builds out of japan and im building my personal version from those bikes, but with a xs650. I do metal fabrication and welding for a living so i have the skill set to build the bike aesthetically and also have some what of a foundation to build off from that to learn the mechanics of the bike also. Ive been very busy with work and im in a bit of a time crunch to get the bike built and out of the shop. i want to learn the in and outs of my bike, i definitely need some help pointing me in the right direction when it comes to dealing with finishing the bike. The question I'm asking today has to deal with purchasing the right tires for the bike and understanding what needs to be thought about when buying the right tires. im running Japanese spoke wheels 19'' front and 18" rear, both have high walls with a slight curve to the top lip of the rim. i need a tire with good tread and nice roundness to the side for turning and maneuvering these aggressive streets that NYC has to offer.

thanks,
jeff

Attachments

• IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 158
Back