1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Vintage Yamaha Rally

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jetmechmarty, Nov 1, 2018.

1. lakeview

lakeview XS650 Guru Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Show up with your modern bike - you don't need to ride in on an XS to join in. 20180930_182106.jpg
    (We had to find a really old dictionary to fit this one into the modern catagory!)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Someday could end up being too late.
    :banghead:

Wulfbyte and gggGary like this.
  3. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Member

I wonder if ther will be any XS650s forsale at the VYR this year...? Can I wait that long?

4. gggGary

gggGary Horsepower; just noise 'til the tire hooks up. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

If you wish upon a star....

Wulfbyte, madmax-im and MaxPete like this.
  5. OHRider

OHRider XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Will there be a swap meet area?
    Thanks

6. gggGary

gggGary Horsepower; just noise 'til the tire hooks up. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Last year there was just one guy trying to peddle a beat up barely running 75 for WAY too much $$$! AFAIK it was the only reason he was there.:umm:

Wulfbyte and MaxPete like this.
  7. We had a table set up on Saturday afternoon where someone was selling stuff. It may grow.

Mostly, we ride and BS with all of our new found friends. It’s like a three day long Yamaha party!

8. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Member

No organized flea market or swap meet..but i brought a bunch of stuff and set up a folding table..i sold everything i brought except a few misc. items...so if you have stuff forsale related to vintage Yamahas by all means bring it..
    I think i saw that fellow..he didnt look like he had been riding much either..LOL All told I counted a dozen bikes at the VYR forsale of various displacements...and all of them looked to be decent scoots...so if I dont have a bike by the time of the rally..I'll bring my cage and an empty trailer...We'll see...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. OHRider

OHRider XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Thanks for the info. I do have some XS650 & SR500 stuff left over from my builds.

Wulfbyte, MaxPete and madmax-im like this.
  10. MaxPete

MaxPete New knee installed but still breakin’ her in.... Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Yup, +1 on all of the above. The VYR is such a fun event and flexibly run that if someone did show up with a swap table, I can’t imagine any significant objections. In fact, on reflection, there WAS a swap table at the 2018 event and I scored a decent set of soft saddlebags for..about $15 USD.

OHRider, madmax-im and Wulfbyte like this.
  11. 65E43E77-AA51-4E5B-A36B-1D552A604863.jpeg
    This was the extent of the 2018 swap meet. The reason is that the riding is so great in this area. Riding is objective #1. Still, there is both time and space to swap parts available.

12. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Member

Plenty of time in between the main events..I was gonna post that thanks..ya beat me to it...BTW none of my clothes fit me anymore...I'm down 40 lbs now...
    The swap meet was just me..and the year before i just had some extra parts that people wanted..I let that stuff sit unattended for 2 days and no one bothered it,,,but i was able to sell almost everything i brought...and I am glad i brought it...

Wulfbyte and OHRider like this.