1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Featured 2022 XS650 calendar submission *Nominations*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by samoran1, Sep 22, 2021.

1. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before being parked Top Contributor

I'm with Willis, I can't remember seeing these bikes....both are calendar worthy....:cheers:

gggGary, Mailman, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  2. Raymond

Raymond XS650 rider & fettler XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

People might be excused for not spotting Arvis' beautiful XS - he has been quietly working away on it in Lithuania and there is a postings gap of six years in the build thread. Makes it a stealth build? But must be a contender.

Bjorn's bike has been hidden in plain sight in a 500 carb thread.

IMO both worthy bikes.

3. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter

Wales
    I second that.

MaxPete, gggGary, Bjorn and 2 others like this.
  4. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter

Wales
    I would second/third this too.

MaxPete, SAFU, gggGary and 2 others like this.
  5. Bjorn

Bjorn XS650 Addict

6. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

I notice there a few of you regular guys that haven't nominated............If you don't know of any bike go through the "Lets see the XS" sticky at the top of the garage page. a lot of gems in there that weren't posted as a build thread. Make sure you send a PM to the member or they may not know they have been nominated

This is why i suggested it be kept as a sticky in the garage, to try to keep it where people can see it when they are where most of the action is

7. nighthog

nighthog Lifelong member of the Easily Led Club

I too am very flattered to have my bike nominated, and of course most humbly accept. In such exalted company it's a compliment indeed.
    Thanks -
    Cliff

gggGary, MaxPete, Beags64 and 4 others like this.
  8. crash_davis

crash_davis XS650 New Member

Thank you for the nomination, I am both honored and humbled as a noobie to have my bike considered! (Of course I accept the nomination!)

gggGary, MaxPete, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  9. YAM277

YAM277 Yamaholic XS650.com Supporter

Now the list is building nicely! Looking abundant on more entries!!!

gggGary and MaxPete like this.
  10. IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0079.JPG

Raymond, Adamc, Jim and 3 others like this.
  11. 650Skull

@Boopduke Are you nominating this bike????????????

Who is the owner and have you been in touch with him to get it accepted?????????????

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Jim and gggGary like this.
  12. This is my 1979 XS650 Special II adapted for handicapped use. I have installed a Pingel electric shifter (with push button handlebar controls) where the left foot peg should be, and a highway bar for my left foot (since I can't bend my left leg). California license plate is HDCP 650 (Handicapped 650); the toolbag holds a folding cane (the handle is visible). Supertrapp exhaust; red oil reservoir for engine vent. Ducati hydraulic clutch conversion; two-pod front brake with vented disc; flat track handlebars, new black gas tank without badges from Mike's XS. Custom speedometer and cylinder head temperature gauge; shorty shocks, recovered seat with one inch high-density foam, Magura grips; LED turn signals and headlight. Raoul Mazzoni, San Pedro, California (The Port of Los Angeles)

YamadudeXS650C, Adamc, YAM277 and 6 others like this.
  13. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I nominate Boopduke and his bike!

Adamc, jetmechmarty and Jim like this.
  14. I am the owner--and builder--of this motorcycle. That's boopduke not poopduke!

YamadudeXS650C, Jim and gggGary like this.
  15. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

PS looks like some very cool work!

Mailman and Jim like this.
  16. 650Skull

@Boopduke, Now the owner has to accept the nomination.....

Apologize.......corrected...........

Posting pics without any words tells us nothing. ( if you had self nominated a said so it would have coverd the calendar regulations), That's why i asked for some clarification.........Checked your old posts and media and couldn't find any reference to the bike......So again, why i asked.............i remember it being posted before..........well done

17. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before being parked Top Contributor

I second the nomination for Boopduke

Adamc, Jim and gggGary like this.
  18. BowlingSS

BowlingSS XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

F365B416-CB16-461D-B5A1-AD6516B298A3.jpeg
    I really like my 1981 Street Tracker.

YamadudeXS650C, Adamc and Jim like this.
  19. BowlingSS

BowlingSS XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

I accept.

Adamc and Jim like this.
  20. YAM277

YAM277 Yamaholic XS650.com Supporter

Now we have some selecting to do!!!!