5twins site tube tool

queenslegs

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I love this tool! 5twins or anyone know where to get/how to build one of these bad boys?
FloatLevelBolt_zpsgquopqy2.jpg

Hi queenslegs,
perhaps I'd love it too if I knew WTF it did. Pan out on the photo to show t'other end, eh? Or an explanation, yet?

With something that simple, you don't buy it, you build it.
Find or buy a short bolt with the correct thread to fit into the drain hole. It can be steel or brass; I used steel. Go to a model airplane hobby store, and buy a short length of brass tubing that is small enough to go through the bolt. Those hobby shops also carry many sizes of plastic tubing. With your brass tubing in your hand, find a matching size of plastic tubing that will fit tightly, as you slide the plastic tubing over the brass tubing. Buy a short length of that plastic tubing.

Use a micrometer, a vernier, or a ruler, to measure the OD of the brass tubing. Drill a hole, same size as the brass tubing, through the drain plug. Push the brass tubing through the hole you just drilled in the drain plug. I think I used 3/16" brass tubing.
Its simple to make.....................easier if you have a drill press. I had the parts in my spare parts boxes.

While I do make many of my own "special tools", I felt justified in buying this one, and I'm glad I did. It's very well made and works very well. Even though it's not a hex fitting, it doesn't need to be. It tightens up fine by hand and seals well against the included o-ring. And the addition of that little bungee cord to "strap" the tube to the side of the bowl makes for "hands free" operation.

And speaking of those little bungees, when I first saw them at Walmart, I thought they were cute, but probably not good for much. After all, they are way too small to actually strap anything down to the bike with.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mini-Bungee-Cords-20-Pack/36867011

But, I ended up getting a jar and, lo and behold, they turned out to be extremely useful as little "helpers" mostly. In fact, I'm on like my second or third jar already, lol .....

LCiaGZW.jpg

Last edited:
Back