For Sale - 6-Piece Finned Valve/Points Covers

Have you thought about talking to Dan from Pandemonium? He just put some custom covers on IG the other day. He might be able to adjust the design to what you guys are looking to put together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 251
I saw those the other day, he put his name in this thread so I think he's curious to see what we come up with. Thanks for looking out though!

Have you thought about talking to Dan from Pandemonium? He just put some custom covers on IG the other day. He might be able to adjust the design to what you guys are looking to put together.

Wow, those are really cool!! Good to know that someone else is working on neat parts!!

Well guys, I spent some time at the shop yesterday and I think we have the design portions figured out. We're really going to try to make these follow as closely as possible to the cylinder head fin radii as much as possible. We really want these covers to blend in with the rest of the motor as much as possible, and it takes a bit of time to figure all that out. So please bear with me!

But I need a favor from some of you guys. I need someone to take a shot of the stock hardware under each cam cover. I really need a straight on shot of each one as well as one from the top looking down. On the top down shot, I need to you to measure the total stick-out past the lip of the inside cover. We need to make sure we provide enough clearance for both stock and aftermarket ignitions, and I believe the stock ones take up more room?

If anyone could help us out here, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks guys.

hey guys, can someone please get me those measurements I requested? Machinist needs to know the minimal clearances for both stock and aftermarket applications. I believe the stock parts are larger, so just need to know OD of parts and how far into the stamped cover plate they protrude. Thanks!!

Here's pics from my '71 XS1B. The shots are done from a distance, zoomed in, to minimise parallax. Not good enuff for precision machine work, but may get you started.

My advance shaft has about 0.02" (0.5mm) endplay, which i believe is typical. In the top down shots, the shaft is shoved outward, to show max protrusion. And, yes, the points side protrudes more than the ATU side.

Depth measurements taken from the cover seat base.

Points side:
About 15mm protrusion.

XS1B-PointsDims01.jpg

XS1B-PointsDims02.jpg

Advancer side:
About 10mm protrusion.

XS1B-AdvancerDims01.jpg

XS1B-AdvancerDims02.jpg

MANY thanks TWOMANY, this will certainly help!!

Now do aftermarket ignitions protrude any further than stock hardware? If not, then this should cover everything I need.

I believe you'll find that max protrusion for stock and Pamco is established by the advancer shaft length and its endnuts. I think the Boyer uses a different attach system, may be different...

Count me in. Just to add, an early, say 1973 TX650, compression release cover would be amazing. Also, matte black is nice. I might be getting picky now.

compression relief cover probably won't happen without a decent amount of people interested, as it would require re-making some drawings. maybe if there's enough interest though!!

Just to update everyone that we are indeed working on this. Time is not in abundance right now.

Fins are approx 1/2" tall in this rendering. The other covers should look very similar to these. Please let me know your thoughts so far.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 215
Back