For Sale - 77 Survivor

tzimmerm

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
13FBCFB2-F664-4C0B-BD2C-8EDF7F91CC1D.jpeg
557E77E7-16CC-46E0-BDC3-8CAEC85EEF2A.jpeg
C9AB29F6-A91F-43B7-84FC-E545CBB65B2F.jpeg
Ok, so most of you are familiar with my bike. To get everyone up to speed, it’s a ‘77 D, around 20,000 miles, all original survivor except for what I have touched. Which is a new seat, new bars, rebuilt front brake caliper with SS braided line, brand new pads, brand new rear shoes, new tires, new clutch/throttle cables. New chain. Had Rick at oldskoolcarbs rebuild and polish the carbs, with brand new jbm diaphragms. Replaced the original points ignition with the new all-in-one E-Advance Pamco with a Red Andrews dual output coil. I did a head retourqe without issue, and replaced the rubber covered washers with brass or bronze from mikes. I replaced the sump filter and side cover filter and have changed the oil every 1,000 miles. Last two oil changes the oil was very clean. I did a compression test and each cylinder is at 150 psi. I have adjusted the cam chain and valve lash, and The bike is as dependable as they come, and I have all the original parts to convert it back to stock. I am looking at buying a house that is waaaaay too good an opportunity to pass up, and I need money for a down payment, ASAP. I feel 3,500 for this baby is fair. I paid 1900, and you can do the math to add up all the parts Listed to get her where she’s at today. All of them unavoidable expenses that you don’t have to worry about now for years. I emailed the bank and if it’s a go, this is a serious ad and whoever pony’s up the cash first gets her. If the house purchase doesn't work out, I may take the bike off the market. UPDATE——- Ok, the house is not going to work out, but I AM preparing to go to school next fall, and I need to be saving every penny I can. I don’t WANT to get rid of this bike, but the cost of ownership is pretty high, and my prioroties need to be building a future. I fulfilled a dream; I learned to ride a motorcycle, got my MC License and I owned and worked on my dream bike. If I can get out of her what I put in, then I will have gained the experience as a whole and be out nothing, but better prepared to meet the upcoming challenges of building a future. 3500.00 FIRM takes her.

Last edited:
T-Man,
You just got that nice old bike running nice! But you’re selling for the right reason, good luck with your new house purchase. Maybe when the dust settles you might get that old bike itch again, hope to see you back here.
Someone will get a nice bike, you’ve done some good work.

Looked at the house last night; it needs quite a bit more work than was initially apparent, so it’s a no go at this point.