anybody seen an xs combustion chamber like this

Thanks Scabber, I've got a pair of wiseco 80mm pistons, currently saving for and wondering which way to go on the barrels, whether to get the originals re-sleeved or get a set ready made from mikesxs, probably about the same price, got a set of 79mm barrels but there's not enough in the wall to take to 80mm, they are only 2mm thick! I've already got a Webcam 59a camshaft and a set of mikes performance valve springs.
Hoping to get all the parts up together before christmas so I can build for next spring.

I bought mikes 750 kit when it first hit the market I think it was around around $500.US doallars the thing i didn't like about it was the cam chain tunnel was too small witch left very little room for adjustment once the chain stretched I thought it was poorly designed in the tunnel area they may have redesigened it second run I don't know that they did they should have my opinion. The bigger fins I like I was stuck in a big traffic jam last stop and go more stop than go no signs of overheating the bike ran great and idled perfectly about 1 hour 90 degrees F that day so if you buy the kit put a new good high Quality cam chain in it. I use the RD valve spring aluminum retainers for the lighter weight retainer I see mikes are on sale 80.us dollars that seems like a good price. As the Quality of liners I can't tell you that yet the weather is still good enough to ride. I'm pulling my motor this winter and checking every thing.I will know more about the Quality of mikes liners then.Wisco has been high Quality liners for years. The higher Compression pistons are harder on main bearings in these motors so they don't last as long. The pictures of jacks exhaust port was fowing 80 percent and some porters bob bertaunt for example is not that agressive on the guide boss area and has built some good running motors an example of one of his ports at 650 motorcyles .com 277 rephase section take a look and draw your own conclusion. Hoped this helped :cheers::thumbsup:

Might get every thing else up together and wait until you pull your motor apart to say what the liners are like. When I was in Oz I had a Mikesxs oil filter/cooler, I think that helped a bit with the temperatures there.

I think it was Grizld1 who reccomends getting the cylinders Nicolsealed. Something like that. It puts a very hard coating on the cylinders so they wear better.
He claims, and I believe him, that the sleeves used in the kits are built a bit soft so the rings seat in quicker. They just wear quicker.
These kits were built with the racers in mind and getting a 100,000 miles on a rebuild isn't a priority.
Racers pull down an engine much more often to prevent a failure during a race.
Leo

Anybody know what 36.5cc is in ml, the only thing I've got to measure the volume of the head is a something that measures in in ml.

Back