Billet top triple clamp,

Just got two of these but no time to mount them up and shoot pics yet. They look GOOD!

I am designing a standard bolt on Riser at the moment. It being prototyped right now. I thought of making a small centerdrill in the bottom of the cafe style clamp that can act as a provision, so at a later date, the end user can add a top mount bar setup.

Using Hugh's setup, isnt an option right now, because of the thickness of clamps. Right now, the stock rubbers will need a half inch taken off total. 1/4 per piece. I checked it out last night. And the smaller tapped holes are as far from the bar mouunt holes as possible by design, but still will interfere with the bar mount rubbers. So i will include small spacers to shim the gauge bracket form the face 5/16 of an inch.

As far as the popularity goes, I think its good on mine too. I just back burnered this project, and He beat me to the punch. No worries, its a very nice product, at a similar price. Its good to have options isnt it???

My Risers will be all billet construction, and bolt to factory clamps as well as my billet OE style. I may have a set ready late next week.

Thanks GGGary.

Got my triple tree mounted up. Thanks.
100_0876.jpg

Re: thick or thin clamps....Just my .02. You can't please everyone but remember, one of the tricky things to do to a cafe, stock or tracker xs, is to install 13.5" shocks, raising the rear end. Many xs riders are older (chunkier) and enjoy the extra travel. This, in conjuction w/ a mandatory fork adjustment for the thin clamp will probably necessitate the use of a steering damper. I vote for stock thickness.

Back