Bitcoin; anybody know anything? Use it?

We all coulda been rich, rich I tell you! Just as a sideline kibitzer, I think there will be a cryptocurrency. But I don't think the long term runner is in existence yet. Figuring out who's designed that platform will be the fortune maker. I suspect the inventor will come as an offshoot of a current major player in phone OS or financial transactions processor, Paypal comes to mind. Who ever does it will be a pariah in the traditional markets but the potential and game changing implications ares so huge someone will take the chance. To be useful as a currency I think it needs to feel much less speculative.

Interesting to see this pop up here, and also to look back to the early threads.
I know someone who bought in right at the start and theyre doing quite good now.
Well I bought into the game last month...no more than I can afford to lose..for now.
Spread over Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.

Dont believe anything the media says
and if there was apocalypse you'd be better investing in bullets and water, .....and gasoline of course, gotta keep riding!

A buddy of mine who IS a financial wizard just sent me this:

Bitcoin explained in layman’s term
A lot of stray monkeys lived near a village.
One day a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!
He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 each.
The villagers thought that this man is mad.
They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each?
Still, some people caught some monkeys and gave them to this merchant and he gave $100 for each monkey.
The news spread like wildfire and people caught more monkeys and sold them to the merchant.

After a few days, the merchant announced that he will now buy monkeys @ $200 each.
Now even the lazy villagers also ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!
They sold the remaining monkeys @ $200 each.
Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ a new price of $500 each!
The villagers start to lose sleep! ... They caught six or seven monkeys, which were all that were left running free - and they were paid $500 for each one.

The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement - hoping and expecting yet another large price increase.

Then the merchant announced that he is going home for a week, but when he returns, he will buy monkeys @ $1000 each!

He asked his employee to take care of all the monkeys he bought and had housed in a big cage for all to see.

The employee was alone taking care of all the monkeys in a cage and the merchant went home.

The villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys running wild left for them to capture and sell at $1000 each.

Then the employee told them that he will secretly sell some monkeys @ $700 each.

This news spread like wildfire. Since the merchant will buy monkey @ $1000 each, there is a $300 profit for each monkey that the villagers could buy from the employee for only $700 each.

The next day, villagers waited near the monkey cage and sure enough, the employee sold all the monkeys at $700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys - on credit - but confident that they would make a profit.

The villagers took good care of their monkeys & waited for the merchant to return.

But nobody came! ... Then so they ran to the employee...but he had already left too!

The villagers then realised that they have bought all of the useless stray monkeys @ $700 each and had been feeding them and caring for them but are now unable to sell them - at any price!

Bitcoin will be the next monkey business

It will make a lot of people bankrupt and a few people filthy rich in this monkey business.

That is how it will work.

LESSON: getting something for nothing is not easy and it requires a few very smart people and lot of dumb ones.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine who IS a financial wizard just sent me this:
Nothing should make you run faster than a professional financial wiz selling himself with a made-up irrelevant story.

I was encouraged a little by the fact that The Woz didn't buy for the same reason I didn't, too much trouble and it really needed a special bank account. He did eventually buy at $700 though. Then probably forgot about it until in came back in the news because it was making a run at $20,000.

Omg_Cat03.jpg

Long as ya wake up breathing then
the rest is good.
Im at Bathurst again.
Here to flag marshal at the 6 hour production race Sunday.
But theres a host of older stuff in support races over 3 days
GTHOs, Camaros, Mustangs, Monaros,Torana XUIs, Minis even.
Spent the night in my new swag after riding down on the Victory...
Riding roads less travelled.
Living for today
One Day at a Time...

Attachments

• 20180329_104507.jpg
    20180329_104507.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 20180328_192908.jpg
    20180328_192908.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 20180328_163534.jpg
    20180328_163534.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 245
(from the sidelines)
When you first inquired about it, was priced like a cup of coffee. Are you glad you watched it go to $20,000 from the sidelines?

But...I kind of think it's over now. First -- it will never be as low as it was at the beginning with as much potential as it had and the most you can hope for is to possibly double your money and with too much risk. Second -- I read something about some new rules that I think are going to begin in June. Don't remember anything about them, but I know they aren't going to boost the price. I would wait until it's out of the news for years and it falls to nothing again before I would be interested.

Back