Botched fork legs.

kevski

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my stateside xs650 all looked well, but on arrival home a closer inspection took place and a few bits needed doing, I also noticed the tops of the fork legs had upside down sockets welded in them, I bought some more forks and fitted them on Sunday, Monday I thought I would investigate the old fork legs apart from having very little oil in I found this mess inside, and a pair of progressive springs, the only parts salvageable are the lowers the rest is scrap, I would like to meet the person who performed this (quality) engineering masterpiece so I can punch them many times until the onset of sense becomes noticeable in them.

What a Feckin mess.

Looks like someone wanted a lowered look but did not know how to do it and did not care about function. One can almost profile the person who did that actually. I am dying to know what part of the US that came from as I have a suspicion.

They were actually longer than standard forks, standard lowers, longer inners that were cut down and you can see the rest, I may at a later date may try to save the inners with a modification, if only to say I have done a better job than the original dickhead.
So what part of the US do you think they may have come from, had they been done in the UK I would have said Swaffham in Norfolk.

Back