buildin' me a tracker

Pre: Agree on the coolness of velocity stacks. I put some on the webers on my Alfa Romeo. Then began the carb tuning/jetting process.....

Oddly enough the bitch runs just fine with the stacks on it. Go figure..........

stacks011.jpg

stacks006.jpg

I heart velocity stacks. :) Got 'em inside the K&N filters on the Dellortos on my Jensen Healey, they make this cool 'bullfrog' sort of sound on acceleration... I like that sound so much I am sure it has knocked 3 mpg off. :laugh:

Love this bike and love the little details like the clear blue fuel hoses and then plain clear on the vent hoses--nice! My question is....I noticed you shaved off the frame tab and got rid of the "bendable" lock washer for the swingarm axle nut--where did you source the lock-nut from and are you having any problems with it loosening up now that you have a few miles on her?

danw

Love this bike and love the little details like the clear blue fuel hoses and then plain clear on the vent hoses--nice! My question is....I noticed you shaved off the frame tab and got rid of the "bendable" lock washer for the swingarm axle nut--where did you source the lock-nut from and are you having any problems with it loosening up now that you have a few miles on her?

danw

I replaced soooooo much on this bike and the swing arm bolt was one of them. It and the locknut came from Mike's XS

Pregrid, I noticed you ground off the thin "bracket" at the top of and in the front of the steering head tube. What purpose did it serve on the stock bike? Did it interfere with the headlite set up you planned?

Pregrid, I noticed you ground off the thin "bracket" at the top of and in the front of the steering head tube. What purpose did it serve on the stock bike? Did it interfere with the headlite set up you planned?

I really don't know what purpose it served. It was just unnecessary for my application.

If the frame was originally a Special, I think that tab was for the ignition mounted fork lock to engage.

Truly beautiful job! Inspirational! When i get to be your age nothing would please me more than living at the sunny side in USA an building bikes. Regards 38 year old ewan from sweden:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Truly beautiful job! Inspirational! When i get to be your age nothing would please me more than living at the sunny side in USA an building bikes. Regards 38 year old ewan from sweden:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Thank you, I truly am blessed.

As a finishing touch, your bike is just crying out for replacement screws for the points and advance covers. Go to McMaster Carr's site and punch in part #92000A428, dead ringers for the originals in stainless. You can also get the smaller size (M5x10) for the alt. cover. I recommend using a 12 or 14 for that cover though. Yamaha cheaped out and used screws (the 10s) that were too short and don't reach into all the threads available.

Back