buildin' me a tracker

Racer,
If its not a Tracker or a superbike or a crosser then I am not interested either.

Never got the chopper thing and definately never got the Harley thing. sorry to all my American cousins to call the Harley Davidson but they just dont do it for me.

Leslie

Hmmm. So you don't like my bagger?

rg2010-1.jpg

Racer,
If its not a Tracker or a superbike or a crosser then I am not interested either.

Never got the chopper thing and definately never got the Harley thing. sorry to all my American cousins to call the Harley Davidson but they just dont do it for me.

Leslie

You're not alone. I may also stir up the shit but I'm not a fan of chopper/bobber/brat but this site is a boon to anyone doing ANYTHING to a 650. And the Harley thing........there was a time when I wanted one. Not so much anymore. Y'all know why. If we can have one thread for trackers.............well I don't see anything wrong with that. Cafe is cool, too.

Sorry for the side track but if your talking about reliant robins then you must watch this video.

At this point I don't think it's possible to side track, hijack, or otherwise go off the track with this thread. Kinda like it, actually. By the way, that vid is fuckin' hilarious!
Dave

You're not alone. I may also stir up the shit but I'm not a fan of chopper/bobber/brat but this site is a boon to anyone doing ANYTHING to a 650. And the Harley thing........there was a time when I wanted one. Not so much anymore. Y'all know why. If we can have one thread for trackers.............well I don't see anything wrong with that. Cafe is cool, too.

Pregrid....Enjoying this thread where ever it goes..........

What led you to be a fan of the tracker style?

By the way, isn't that the car that Mr. Bean drove?

Pregrid....Enjoying this thread where ever it goes..........

What led you to be a fan of the tracker style?

By the way, isn't that the car that Mr. Bean drove?

I live less than 20 miles from where the San Jose Mile used to be. The old Baylands Raceway/Fremont Dragstrip is less than 3 miles from my house. Drag racing, Speedway, Motocross, Sprint Cars, you name it and I was there, starting in the early '60's.
At my first San Jose Mile I was standing at the fence between turns 1 and 2, it was first practice. Bubba Shobert came flying down the front straight (top speed then was about 125 mph in the straights, 90 or so in the turns). He came into 1 a little hot, pushed to the outside and clipped most of the hay bales on the outside of the turn next to the fence. Never missed a beat. Never lifted. Left turn 2 on the back wheel and shot down the back shute. I'll never forget it. Wanted a flat tracker ever since.
this pretty much explains it..................And the fact that the XS650 was and STILL is being raced was not a small part of it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...2ejsCQ&usg=AFQjCNFzYnfo33Wx_3_YupuOWwM4HF8ZIg

At this point I don't think it's possible to side track, hijack, or otherwise go off the track with this thread. Kinda like it, actually. By the way, that vid is fuckin' hilarious!
Dave

Dave it is a exert from a British BBC programme called Top Gear, I dont know if you get it over the pond but they completley take the Piss out of the Motor Industry and themselves, The Ozzies do the same show if you dont like Limey humour.

You may get some of their programmes on youtube.

Leslie

Dave it is a exert from a British BBC programme called Top Gear, I dont know if you get it over the pond but they completley take the Piss out of the Motor Industry and themselves, The Ozzies do the same show if you dont like Limey humour.

You may get some of their programmes on youtube.

Leslie

Yup, we get it over here in the colonies:D

Leslie, don't take Pre and myself so seriously. We are just, I think in your words, being "cheeky"?

Dave/Dave
Point Taken you will have to bear with me as I have been married 30+ years and my sense of humour has been stretched somewhat :laugh:

Sometimes its like being Captain Blackadder in my house, in the Trenches with a bunch of Muppet's...!!!!!!

Do you lads have bike and car programmes on your TV?

Leslie

I live less than 20 miles from where the San Jose Mile used to be. The old Baylands Raceway/Fremont Dragstrip is less than 3 miles from my house. Drag racing, Speedway, Motocross, Sprint Cars, you name it and I was there, starting in the early '60's.
At my first San Jose Mile I was standing at the fence between turns 1 and 2, it was first practice. Bubba Shobert came flying down the front straight (top speed then was about 125 mph in the straights, 90 or so in the turns). He came into 1 a little hot, pushed to the outside and clipped most of the hay bales on the outside of the turn next to the fence. Never missed a beat. Never lifted. Left turn 2 on the back wheel and shot down the back shute. I'll never forget it. Wanted a flat tracker ever since.
this pretty much explains it..................And the fact that the XS650 was and STILL is being raced was not a small part of it.

95onslide-1.jpg

1978 San Jose Mile.... 90MPH :bike:

-=PO

Back