Choke not working:

Notice this today before putting carb back on, this one wire unplug, I assume it goes in there ,but this other wire hanging down, I seem to see anything to plug it into, does anyone know about these connections?

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 100
First pic, on a stock harness there is a red wire that comes either off the battery terminal or the terminal on the starter relay where the battery cable hooks. This is power to the main fuse.
It should plug in or no power to the bike.
Second pic is a red/white wire. Red/white is only used in the ignition circuits. So0me years the red/white ran from the fuses to the engine stop switch, some years this was a brown wire. Now from the engine stop switch a red/white wire carries power to the coils on points, ignition on electric as well as to the starter relay.
The safety relay is inline with the red/white wire to the starter relay. This way when the engine starts the safety relay cuts the power to the start relay.
You might have to do a bit of searching around your bike using a wiring diagram to determine just which wires you have hanging around.
Leo

Thanks XSLeo, got wire plugged in and bike back together, got bike started, had to turn my idle up, then it seemed the choke kick and I had to turn down the RPM'S and this time the bike kept running:thumbsup: Hopefully I'm back on the road again:bike:

Hey guys, tried to start bike today, its acting the same way as before, so I took out my right side plug, what you think? smelled spark plug didn't smell like gas:shrug: I'm thinking a got a bad coil, I'll test for spark:( If it is a coil where can I get one, looked on ebay (nothing).

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 96
Hey guys Good News:finally found the problem, stop at Yamaha shop today and bought two new spark plugs and while I was in the process to put them in, here what I found (5twins was right, it was electrical ) got plugs in and she fired right up and choke is working great:thumbsup: I glad I had an extra spark plug cap in my shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 89
Back