Dakota tracker

nice tracker. I like the tires. what is a 25.5x7.7x19 race tire compared to a 110x90x19 standard street tire?
I have an rd400 18" wheel that measures the same width as a stock front mag (1.85).. I was wondering how wide i could go.
Hey squared circle, I wrote down the wrong size rear tire in my post. I meant to write 27.5x7.5x19. I don't know why the hell i wrote 25.5x7.7x19(to many beers)? the rear tire measures 5" at the widest point.

Rusty, I'm the same line of work I own a small remodel and restoration co. We build room additions baths even some custom metal work. Its just my self and one full time employee.

Attachments

• rail 003.jpg
    rail 003.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 177
  • rail 002.jpg
    rail 002.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 140
  • rail 001.jpg
    rail 001.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 147
Rusty, I'm the same line of work I own a small remodel and restoration co. We build room additions baths even some custom metal work. Its just my self and one full time employee.
Dude, its a small world. I've done it all in the carpentry field, but thank god I'm a trim man I'm getting to old to do the framing and remodling(altho I'd do it if I had to). I to am self employed but I dont have anybody but myself.

I made a few covers for my motor. Im not a guy that likes to advertise what I have(dont like wearing shirts that advertise Old navy,ect,ect). I like to have things that people have to look twice at to figure out what it is. I made these covers out of 1/8 aluminium,first I cut out the shape on my bandsaw then cleaned up the edge on my table top belt sander I used the hole in a roll of tar paper as a buck, using a large steel ball I then hammered very gently a convex shape into the alum. I polished the small cover drilled and tapped the factory yamaha cover the mixed up some vet panel adhesive then stuck them together. I still have to drill,tap and polish the right side and then I'll have a stelth xs650!

Attachments

• DSC02364.jpg
    DSC02364.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC02363.jpg
    DSC02363.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC02367.jpg
    DSC02367.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC02366.jpg
    DSC02366.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC02365.jpg
    DSC02365.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 166
Dude, its a small world. I've done it all in the carpentry field, but thank god I'm a trim man I'm getting to old to do the framing and remodling(altho I'd do it if I had to). I to am self employed but I dont have anybody but myself.

Ah kindred spirits. I'm another self employed solo Trim man/cabinet maker/whatever. And sometimes I get drug back into the world of being a super/ project manager, kicking and screaming of course. :yikes:

Rusty I found your build thread looking good nice to know that rear tire will fit no problems. When I get all done registered and rolling those are the tires I all be running for sure.

Did some more fitting on my pipes today. I cut them on my band saw every 1 1/2" in a few areas to get the gradual bends I was looking for. I still need to fab some mounting tabs and get everything welded up. I also installed my 1 53/64" starer delete freeze plug.

Attachments

• DSC02390.jpg
    DSC02390.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC02391.jpg
    DSC02391.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC02394.jpg
    DSC02394.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 228
Thanks tracker, I just cant leave things alone. I didnt like the way they hung down not to mention that they probably would have drug the ground on a sharp right hand turn and sent me to the E.R.

Nice work, i know you just can't leave things alone
Thanks dude. It sure has been a longer project than I expected. We moved this last june and I now have a BIG shop but its not set up(no heat,220 outlets,work benchs,ect,ect). My old shop was big enough for my two hot rods and a few motorcycles and had heat benchs 220 outlets.

Im still here!!! Like I said in the above post no heat in the new shop. Its been cold here in the black mined hills of dakota(beatles plug) was -17 this a.m. when I woke up. I tried to mock up a few brackets after work but my fingers got so cold I couldnt feel them. WINTER SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Ok just checking that you did not get your tongue froze to something in the shop and your cell phone was out of reach or something even worse! Was about ready to get on the Harley plug in the heated gear and head your way to see what may have happened!

Back