Deal of the year... Maybe...

nh-jk

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Holding my breath till Saturday. I have been looking for stock, running XS to hard tail. I found a guy... who knows a guy.... and found one for , it may have 700 original miles on it to boot. Its Been sitting in a barn for 25 years. The guy got it from a co-worker who bought it... he pulled it out cleaned it up, cleaned the tank and carbs and it fired up. All the electronics seem to work. He fixes bikes as a Hobbie. I'm going to get it on Sat, I'm so stressed he is going to keep it, trade it or its gonna get sold before then! I can't stop looking at the pics! I'm pumped! Wish me luck!:bike:

Last edited:
It's now Sunday. Did you get the bike and, if so, where are the photos?

Sorry for the confusion, I'm picking it up sat... As in this upcoming sat! The suspense is killing me! Can't post pics from my phone... Plus I don't want you guys chicken hawkin it in me! It's quite the drive from me!

Last edited:
Please don't cut up a 700mi original. :banghead:
You can clean it up really well and sell it to someone who wants it and then take that $$ and use it for a custom.

I agree about not hacking it up... I just want to see if its legit 700 miles or a broken or disconnected speedo for 20'years.

Find someone you trust who knows the XS, and take them with you. You have six days to do your research, use them wisely.

I don't have any Xs homeboys yet! I'm flying solo. I'm grabbing it up regardless. It runs and is clean looking. I'm gonna call this project wing-it! Cause I'm just going for it! I wish I could post a pic from my phone.

there is a member here from Hampton.. not sure if you are near the coast but he is pretty knowledgeable.. Ghetto something i think

When you say "special" do you mean heritage special? Is there a year Xs that's more sought after than others? Or a year to run away from?

You really should just try to flip this bike if all your looking for is something to cut up. Find a cheap $500 titled basket case and work with that. Your going to be throwing away most of the bike anyways so its not worth it to get a good condition bike.

Back