Don't you hate THE FONG BROS?

fongbros

XS650 Ignoramus
Reaction score
Earth - more specific would be Baltimore, Maryland
Uh oh, looks like they did it again. Those terrible Fong Bros went and ruined another one of our beloved xs650's. Just look at that horrible acute triangle for a rear end. Oh, and the overall lack of creativity. Darn them and all their stupid hand made/finished parts. I can't see it, but i think it even has a yellow headlight. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! They make me so mad.

Attachments

• snow and bikes 029.jpg
    snow and bikes 029.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,797
  • snow and bikes 030.jpg
    snow and bikes 030.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,492
  • snow and bikes 032.jpg
    snow and bikes 032.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,386
the wheel tire combo is so sick. what size rims are those. also how much weight do you save when you hardtail? Do you notice a performance in acceleration with the saved weight?i think this bike looks rad. love knobby tires

The wheels are 21 inch Ankront shouldered aluminum. I never weighed the bikes, but when I roll one of mine into a truck and a stock one, you can really feel the difference. Yes, there is a noticeable performance in acceleration by reducing the weight. Thanks for the compliment.

just on stock hubs? 650 rear and 360 or 400 front? no thank you, on xs650choppers you informed me of the single cable throttle sleave. have you ran bmx brake levers on the clutch side? i saw you did it for the front brake on that rusty colored hardtail with black rims and steel tank.

I saw the pics of this bike from the timonium show. Its probably my favorite of your guys to date. I love the tank did you make that from scratch? modify?

I swear Ive been down that st before too lol but probably not.

Breahn Riley-
Yes, stock hubs of an xs650 front and rear. They are 650 forks also, but they are lowered 2.5 inches. No I have not run a bmx lever on the clutch side. I don't think from a leverage point of view, that would be an easy pull. On a drum brake it's not a big deal because it doesn't take much force to operate.

The tank is a high tunnel Wassel. I did have to cut off the tabs and make a tab for the top. The real modification was not being able to use a top motor mount and having to remove material from the top of the engine so the tank would clear (here comes the originality police). yes I removed the top motor mount and moved to coil. Thanks for the props. BTW the street is Ashley ave in Overlea.

ah thats it! I rode past there tonight down northern..great build and congrats on the cover of lowside.

I must say the Fong Bros really got it togeather on this build. Very clean and simple design with nice attention to detail. Two thumbs up on this one..........BG

Why did you make a acute triangle frame? That is so un original. A nice all stock bike is the most original, you never see two of the same bone stockers. Or if you change the lower tubes bend back a few inches, then is nice! lol. Very nice bike!!! The bars/controles and wheels I think are my favorite part. Rock N fn' Roll!

That bike is hideous. Way to ruin a perfectly good bike.

On another note: I'm going to be running 21" Sun rims from a dirt bike on the front and rear. I'll be using a front hub on the rear though so I can keep that disc brake. Haven't made much progress lately due to full time school and full time work. This thing makes me want to get back to the garage pronto. Beutiful bike guys

Posted via Mobile

Back