Don't you hate THE FONG BROS?

Teebs....good to see you around........Think I'll be good for a month this time....I don't see anything here broken....

76 degrees ....good day for the mountains..........xsjohn

I agree xsjohn is nuttier than squrriel shit! He makes it so I don't even what to get on this site, he just sits on the keyboard tring to start fights. The next vote should be if he get blocked. I would have never said anything until he started, but I think that fairing looks short bus all the way. So if you want to talk about looks, make a poll for XS farings as well, it may hurt!

First fairing I ever had......never liked them myself but it does make long rides less fatiguing... bike came with it so I just left it on............the many huge bugs that have spattered on it has paid for itself..........some birds too.....

hey I do dish it out sometimes ...but I can take it....and I still have my original teeth...:) and don't be so sensitive they are just motorcycles.........

xsjohn

farings are ok for senior citizens. i dont want their teeth blowin out when i'm behind them!!
that's right, because that's where you're going to be (behind us) with our superior aero package, personally I like watching the bugs splat on the windshield and I'm not afraid to ride in the rain

Ape hangers are good ........then you can clean the bugs out of your arm pits too.......:laugh:

xsjohn

First fairing I ever had......never liked them myself but it does make long rides less fatiguing... bike came with it so I just left it on............the many huge bugs that have spattered on it has paid for itself..........some birds too.....

hey I do dish it out sometimes ...but I can take it....and I still have my original teeth...:) and don't be so sensitive they are just motorcycles.........

xsjohn

not being sensitive just jokin around!!:laugh:

Now is your chance John. You may want to tell Barb, or that Australian guy. You too can own a Fong Bros bike. I am about to put my STOCK xs650 on Ebay. Only 10,000 miles. I'm sure you will want to pay a premium to ensure nobody else gets their hands on it and ruins it. I didn't have the heart to cut it up myself as it is just too enjoyable as it is. But beware, I am also putting on my personal ride (the one with the tin can tail light). I know you've secretly desired that bike, so maybe you will buy them both.

Teebs, I can't believe you said that about the booze. I was thinking the same thing and then there it was. Humorous!

I did receive the well deserved hangover.......Fong ..appreciate the offer on the bike.......need to wear this one out first........and being so senior that may not happen.............

xsjohn

Hello Fong Bros, nice to see you on here. Lots of mind blowing stuff on you all's bikes I've seen but what I ALMOST tried that you guys sometimes do is retain those frame pieces that the pegs and master cyl and brake pivot attach to. That's a really handy thing. And on yours, it doesn't even look that bad. I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna be able to re-attach the pieces cleanly. So I didn't do it.
Anyway, any detail pics you all post would be very welcome. So, like someone said, we can feed off your ideas.
:)

Just so I'm clear; I have no problems with John. He is ornery and likes to badger, and it doesn't bother me a bit. He makes me chuckle more often than not.

Something that does bother me; censorship. It disgusts me. The idea that it's OK to ban someone because you don't like their attitude... Jesus. If you can't take the rather tame, and sometimes incoherent bitching that John does, you have some pretty thin skin.

i believe you're confusing "censorship", which is seeking to silence a statement for whatever reason, and "bad attitude".

If you say "i do not prefer hardtails. They are uncomfortable to ride, and suspension serves a valid purpose", you're stating your opinion. If you say "fockin' hardtail prats. What a bunch of pikers with no sense of class or originality", you're being a dick. And probably should be banned.

(before anyone jumps on me, i'm not saying that John has a bad attitude. I'm highly amused by his tippling and posting)

I'll never tell you can't say something (unless it passes the yelling of "fire" in a crowded theatre test, or the hate speech test), but i'll certainly take issue if you're a dick in saying it.

Ps - Fong Bros still suck.

Pps - that was irony.

ppps - they started it.

i dont mind people speaking there opinion, i just hope this site doesn't take on the same bitter tone about every post that the other xs sites seemed to have. that is why i went here first even before sites like 650rider bit the dust. i liked the good hearted community that was here. i always felt welcome and knew i was going to get help not blatant and rude criticism. im not for censoring simply because we all are here because we love the XS motorcycle in any form. we shouldn't have a need for censorship because everyone should be here to create a positive attitude and show of their bike or help others when needed. call me a pansy or what you will but that's my two sense.

Travis, you have done a great job with the site so far. thanks again for everything.

PS- fong bros, sick freakin bike man! it reminds me of the old board trackers and i have always really dug that look!

Since I didn't say "bad attitude", I think you're the one who may be confused. I hardly think that anything John says can be interpreted as said with a "bad attitude", unless of course you possess the thin skin I previously mentioned, in which case you may not "like his attitude", (What I actually said.) and would like to see him booted from the site.

Regardless, anytime a dissenting voice is quelled, for whatever reason, it should be looked upon with suspicion and concern, if not outright fear. Sometimes that voice may be abrasive and rude. Sometimes it may be unkind. If it goes too far it may be necessary to remove that person's voice from the community, but that removal should never be a cause for celebration.

you're being contrary to your own argument. If your position is that people can express opinions that are abrasive and rude, you can hardly exclude opinions that are rude in their celebration.

Yes, you never said "bad attitude". You said "banning someone for not liking their attitude". Which would mean the person doing the banning would generally consider that the person being banned to have a "bad attitude". I doubt anyone is going to be banned for having a "nice" or "happy" attitude.

By the way, I explicitly pointed out that i wasn't offended by John. So nonstarter on that one.

Back