Don't you hate THE FONG BROS?

OH MY GODS JOHN YOU HAVE PRICKED ME TO THE CORE WITH YOUR COMMENTS. I AM OFFENDED AND DEMAND YOUR IMMEDIATE BANNING. I can't believe you'd be so hurtful!

Hey, who turned off my caps lock? Dammit. Now i'm conveying less purpose and believeability.

I am not being contrary to my argument; you are choosing to interpret what I am saying according to your own perception. I never said that one cannot celebrate. I said one should not. Just as I believe censorship should not be used except as a last resort, and never with celebration, or that one should not be abrasive, rude, or unkind for that matter.

This does not mean I am telling anybody not to do so, as that is not my right. It is however, my right to state my opinion regarding the use of banning to quiet a voice simply because one doesn't like the quality of that voice.

Just because one may "consider" that person to have a bad attitude does not, in fact, mean that said person has a bad attitude. One's perception may be that he has a bad attitude, when in fact he is just stating an opinion contradictory to one's own and it gets on one's nerves.

My whole argument here is about non-exclusion. In an ideal world, nobody should ever be excluded. This doesn't mean it's possible to live in that world, but it should never be a happy circumstance when we cannot.

I only used John as an example and never meant to imply that you were offended by his comments, a problem with using the informal "you" rather than the proper and impersonal "one".

One's perception may be that he has a bad attitude, when in fact he is just stating an opinion contradictory to one's own and it gets on one's nerves.

This, i believe, is the core of the discussion. Stating an opinion contradictory to one's own is not reason for banning. Being a dick while stating that opinion is. And that's certainly a subjective call. But as i showed as an example above, there are definite differences between the two.

Are you taking the position that people should be able to say anything they like, and it's the listeners option to listen?

My whole argument here is about non-exclusion. In an ideal world, nobody should ever be excluded. This doesn't mean it's possible to live in that world, but it should never be a happy circumstance when we cannot.

The only response i have here is that people (in general) are not known for their restraint when anonymity is involved. Thus the idea that they will govern themselves politely on a chat board is wishful thinking, at best. Some controls are in the best interest of the members as a whole.

For instance, if Travis pm'd me about this thread and said "dude, lay off.", i'd be okay with that, and would. But technically, he's censoring me. But it's his board, and i'm not under any illusions that i have any "rights" here whatsoever. I have "privileges".

I apologize for the John example confusion. Too much exposure to trolls, i suppose.

This is my last post, I thought this site was cool at first. I won't post the pics of my completeted project either just get a bunch of shit about it. I'm not looking for yes men, but if you going to make a bunch of jackass comment about shit you never done yourself, then shut the fuck up. yes I'm refering to xsjohn. I don't look for posts about how great a stock bike is, or farings rock and say how much I hate them. If that is someone's thing and I don't care. I've been on other forums and there isn't a damn worm going into forums about things they don't personaly like and always leving a stupid nasty comment. If you don't like custom built XS650 why be a nag about it? Find someone that likes your style. It not an opinion, it's tring to start a fight. It's a waste of time. I'll just do my build and show my friends and people I meet. This forum here is a headache. I don't like xsjohn, I have met people like him I hope to never see them agian. Negative, miserable people. Kiss xsjohn's ass, I'm not though, peace!

First of all I wasn't even comenting on your bike.....was just spouting and thinking I was having some fun.........guess not......get off it a and stick around.......hey they beat up on me all the time .........I don't care..............xsjohn

Sundie, I've definitely enjoyed discussing this with you. Good argument keeps a person sharp. Intelligent people keep an open mind. As impassioned as this discussion may be, I take no offense to a well-phrased challenge.

Since I have never been harmed by words, try as people may, I suppose I don't understand the need to silence the vicious, venomous, sad little people that need to use them. Talk all one likes, I am invulnerable because I know who I am and am completely comfortable with it. I can't be offended or hurt by someone's opinion, regardless of its delivery.

I would think that the anonymous nature of the internet would go both ways. Why take something an unknown person writes so personally, when they don't know you?

Yes, people should be able to say anything they like. People also should be strong and confident enough in themselves to ignore unfounded jibes. That isn't to say I'm naive enough to confuse should with are, but that is and always will be my position. The right to absolute personal freedom, as long as it doesn't cause physical harm to others, will always be my position.

Does that mean that I think the average person is capable of handling that kind of freedom? Hell no. I'm not stupid. But the ideal has to be remembered and defended, regardless of its unlikely feasibility.

I realize that some controls within any community are inevitably necessary. But they are a necessary evil. All laws, all constraints on personal freedom, are unjust, a step down the road of fascist collectivism.

By the way, your example made me chuckle. I can't imagine why anyone would be offended by that. I've been called far worse on practically a daily basis.

I kiss John's ass... now THAT is FUNNY!!!

Finally, as this is Travis' site, I respect his authority to do with it exactly as he chooses. If he asked me to back off, I may not depending how strongly I felt about the subject at hand, but I also understand that he has the right to silence me if that was the case.

I will contest that Teebs nor anyone else has ever kissed my ass..........as a matter of fact Teebs and I sparred for months until we decided that we were just having fun and that we may even like each other..............well maybe.........

Thought I held my tongue pretty well with assgoat........but there is one thing that lingers in my mind........although I don't know everything about motorcycles I am positive that I have forgotten more things about them than he will ever know..........case closed..........xsjohn

ok this is a sweet lookin ride!!

But what really sucks is that im am building my bike and trying hard to make it original. but in the last two weeks Ive seen my plans on other peoples bikes "that sucks".
and im still not done building mine lol.

Good news is they look sweet.

melloyellow- your profile pic kinda looks like the fong bros bike! lol. or is it the other way around! regardless, i love the board tracker look and cant wait to see some more XS's with that look! keep 'em coming! :D

Uhhhhhhh...Ok if the smoke has cleared ...I'd like to say...I don't hate the Fong Bros...I lovem. When I grow , I wanna be just likem. Great stuff.....gonna steal some ideas too!

Well after they make them all pretty,,,,,,,,then the will have to get them running right........well then maybe they wont ride them that far anyway................:laugh:

xsjohn

Not sure about the style for me personally. I need saddlebags...

Last edited:
I believe maybe you're reading too much into this. Perhaps you can point out where I "said" any of that. I'm pretty sure you don't know why this thread was started with the opening statement that I used in regard to the destruction of the bikes. However, if you think my designs are making your bone stockers worth more money, then I must be one powerful influence, Let me see if I can put some of this almighty influence into the financial stock market. If anything the inspiration my designs have brought to the xs650 world have made your stockers more expensive because so many people are trying to buy them now so they can make something like mine. If it weren't for people like me, how many xs650's would still be rotting away. Everybody says not that long ago you could get one of these dirt cheap. Well why isn't that the case now? People are buying them up. So yes your stockers are worth more now because of the people who chop them. If the chopping stopped, the market for your bike would pretty much vanish and they would be dirt cheap again.

Back