Don't you hate THE FONG BROS?

Yeah but right before the tire sucked you in you'd have one hell of an anal orgasm!

Why'd I say that? LOL!!!!!! Try explaining that to the guys at Bike Night! "Uh... hey Frank, uh, the guys wanna know why your wearing crotchless pants tonight and why there's shit all over your knobby."

But seriously folks. I think there's a tail light down near the right axle. Maybe that counts as a brake light.

Ummmm, I'm just going to ignore that first part...

I think he meant that the brake light is, in fact, a dash light.

Sorry, man. Sometimes my sense of humor runs a little strange!

I guess I don't follow what he means or what you're trying to explain about the brake light being a dash light. Oh well, its an excellent bike. I tend toward soft tails and a bit of fender because I want my bikes to be a little more practical. I'd hate to ride that thing through a few puddles on a rainy afternoon and end up with a brown rooster tail up the back of my head.

"Uh... Frank, me and the guys noticed that this week you got some brown shit sprayed up the back of your head. This ain't another one of those anal knobby tire orgasm things again is it? Hey, maybe its time to think about a fender, huh?"

LOL!

Does anyone know where to get a high tunnel wassel tank like the one on this bike? or something relatively similar. I really like that look. Thanks, Mark

mackgren, you can usually find Wassell-style tanks on eBay for about 250. I've seen kits on there for less than 200. West Eagle makes a nice one, but they're pricey.

Anyone have an idea, or know for a fact how they cut the stock frame section to mate with the TC tail section? I'm looking to do the same, but haven't had much time to sit down and figure out the cuts.

I would like to keep the stock foot peg mounts like they have.
Since each side of the frame is a single piece of tubing, I am guessing I would cut flush along top of the stock frame tubing, cutting through the foot peg mount and rounded portion of the lower tube, then grind away the excess tube where it was bent to fit the lower hardtail section into the stock portion?
Hopefully that makes sense.

In my state, you need to be able to see the brake light from a distance of 500 ft in order for it to be legal. I don't know how bright that one is to say it would qualify or not.

Also, :laugh: @ kent_in_kc

Nothing like blowing your own horn a legend in your own mind. Bike would look decent if you could learn how to rake a front end a few degrees.

XST (that's your new nickname xstwin), instigator of the year award goes to you! :boxing:
Well at least for the months you are around anyway.. You leave, but always come back :D

Oh yeah, it was also decided a while ago that everything that ever goes wrong around here is your fault. :cheers:

lol Dude, please. That scoot has style in spades. Everything about it works. Tooting their own horn also totally works. I mean, you bumped this thread after 2 and a half months.... sucker.

And yeah, just for the record... they're still the uber-suckage of XS bike building.

Thank you for your well thought out suggestion. It's actually a great idea - raking the front end on a tracker style bike. While I'm at it, I think I'll add 30 over forks, a 48 inch sissy bar, +18 ape hangers and 60 more inches of exhaust pipes. That would totally make sense on a tracker. Oops, I almost forgot the forwards. I'm still learning!

Fongy, if you're going to do that (God, I hope!) do NOT forget the damn mud flap. That's the one mistake EVERYONE makes these days. I'm just glad our grandpappy's ain't here to see it.

I know that I am no professional bike builder but I am doing the best with what I have and I feel that anyone who dogs on anyone elses work is just jealous. I do not forget tht when I look at someone elses work (mostly on the xs650 chopper site) that even if it isn't for me or the build looks totally off it may be all they had to work with or it looks right to them and I look to things they did well that I can use or learn from. Now on the fongs they are making sick looking (no detail overlooked ... wires not hidden non matching wheels etc.) so if someone is down on them it must just be jealousy because you can't overlook the details because they have certainly not. It is for bikes like the fongs that I am on here each day looking for inspiration and ideas to do on my own bikes. thanks

Yeah, I think the mudflap, and apes. But not the rake. I won't agree with XStwin, or I just can't.... Maybe I just hate myself for having a Sportster tank and a generic hardtail! Foolish acute triangle... Just kiddin, I love my bike, even if nobody else does.

Back