gggGary's used parts emporium Buy, Sell, Trade.

Wow Byookanun I missed that post somehow. I don't have an extra 36 rear at the moment. But it's getting to the that time of year, toss me some ideas of what all you need. Lots O parts in the shed, and it's mid f'n winter in Wisconsin. I will be getting into my annual I gotta sell some of this stuff mode after the first of the year so let me know what you are looking for.

I'm chasing an offset kickstart lever off about the 80 special I think.
It's to get past my modified pipes, would you have you want to part with.

Not sure there was ever an offset kick lever???? But I mght have an XS750 lever that is shorter????

Tshadow sorry about that yes I should have a LH side cover for a 78
Somehow the subscription to this thread hasn't been working for me and I have missed posts I resubscribed hope that fixes it.

Looking for the unattainable I suspect, I'm missing a black lower left side cover for my '82 heritage special. Damn thing fell off on some backroad, never to be seen again. :( My current avatar is the only pic I have of the bike with the original lower cover still attached....

Odysseus Don't give up! They do exist, at least three have passed through my hands, alas for now the shelf is bare.

The RH side are easy to find.

Hi Gary,

Wondering if you have any of the following.

1) Metal Brake Line for 1975 xs650 (where meets caliper)
2) Left hand controls for 1975 xs650b

I should have those, might be Sunday before I can get out and check for them.

I could use an advancer and the rod with the nuts.
The motor i picked up was missing the rod and I broke off one of the "tabs" of my advancer.

Do you have these extra motor parts laying around?

I found these

75bars 006.jpg

75bars 007.jpg

75bars 008.jpg

75bars 009.jpg

I think they might be off a 75 XS650 but I'm not sure???

I do have the steel part of the front brake line, need to be sure I can remove it from the caliper.

Sorry for the crap pics I'll retry in a bit.

Thanks. Pm the price for the left hand control. That was m my problem for the metal line I stripped the bottom flange/flare. I have since filed it square but it's pretty beat up.

Better pics, the brake line threads are now loose on both ends.

75bars 012.JPG

75bars 013.JPG

75bars 014.JPG

75bars 015.JPG

75bars 018.JPG

The nut is still "decent". PB blaster and a heat gun til the PB started to smoke, smacked the wrench with a hammer.

Not sure there was ever an offset kick lever???? But I mght have an XS750 lever that is shorter????

I had trouble explaining this, so I hung off replying till I located an early 80s lever I think.

There are 2 pics attached:
the one with the kicker super close to the muffler is the original XS2 kicker.

the one with good clearance is a later model kicker.

This may help some guys with early engines and custom pipes. It's sorted my problem.

Attachments

• P1030393.jpg
    P1030393.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 217
  • P1030395.jpg
    P1030395.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 238
Back