Harbor Freight 1000# lift heads up

mick71b

Be kind, it's good for the soul.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought one of the 299$ table lifts from HF, what a POS. After about six or seven times up and down, it won't go up. Checked the oil level and it was down a little, but not much. Filled and bled according to the manual but still no good. :wtf: Chinese junk, shoulda known better. :mad:
Mick

I almost bought one of those a couple months ago but the floor model seem to have problems raising the empty lift up. I read some reviews on the internet and a lot of folks have had to replace the jack on their HF lifts.

If I could find one cheap I might buy it and repace the hydraulic lift with an air operated one. The lift itself does not look too bad for the money other than the cheesy wheel chock.

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of a good deal"
Anon

Bought mine used under a "started" chooper project, still going strong, probably been up and down 40 or 50 times so far.

I have a couple of them and know many others who have one and love it. With anything hydraulic from harbor freight it is very common for the hydraulics to be emtpy or near it. I know you said you checked it but I would try it again. Are you bleeding it according to the directions? At $299 its a hell of a deal compared to its $1500 big brother

I know you said you checked it but I would try it again. Are you bleeding it according to the directions?

I held the release lever down while pumping the up pedal for a long time, no change. Any suggestions? :banghead:
Mick

Call HF and see if you can exchange just the jack so you don't have to drag the whole dmmd thing back.

How are you checking the fluid level? With it all the way down remove the access panel and you will see a rubber plug on about the middle of the cylinder. Pull that plug and fill it up to just below the plug. Make sure you use SAE jack oil. One of mine took a whole bottle to fill it up.

How are you checking the fluid level? With it all the way down remove the access panel and you will see a rubber plug on about the middle of the cylinder. Pull that plug and fill it up to just below the plug. Make sure you use SAE jack oil. One of mine took a whole bottle to fill it up.

Yep, thats how I did it. Still won't bleed. Bleeding tips? Thanks to all for your input!
Mick

I will look tonight but I found some nice lifts for 650 -850 online with free shipping. These were name brand ones and not on craigslist or ebay. Ill get the link and post it here.

Yep, thats how I did it. Still won't bleed. Bleeding tips? Thanks to all for your input!
Mick

Not really sure then. Maybe it is bad. I just recently bought one of there air/hydraulic cylinders for my tubing bender. First one I got wouldn't lift either and it was full.

Back