Health Thread

I agree that there are too many people, but the problem is procreation instead of immigration. A.

how do you work that out ?;)

Here in the UK immigration levels have rocketed from tens of thousands to over 300 thousand in a single year !
You can probably double that figure if you include illegal and trafficked migrants that nobody knows about .
All coming into a tiny Country smaller that a lot of your States !

As you can imagine that level of sudden population increase has had a dramatic effect on health care providers, Hospital beds, School places, jobs and infrastructure

Over 17 Million voters (over half of the population ) voted to leave the EU so that we can control our own borders . You have exactly the same situation regarding the Mexican border which Trump is attempted to deal with .

Add to that a World wide recession for the past decade and subsequent underfunding and its not difficult to see why we have had an NHS crisis in the UK for the past decade
Thats not due to procreation ;)

Last edited:
913F367E-B67A-4711-8948-711177AD6E0B.jpeg
Mornin’ XS’ers , Hope everybody had a relaxing and healthy long holiday weekend !
My own XS busyness has slowed to a creep here in Vancouver WA as my dang shoulder injury is not fixing itself lol.
MRI today which was very difficult to schedule as the current health system really wants me to go through physical therapy first (6weeks)? to make determinations ?
I’m stubborn and know that is likely to cause further damage so ., this time I win , MRI today follow up Thur .
Who knows after that :umm:
What is really troubling me is the cost.
It will cost me more than an XS650.
Last year just a small nose cancer spot cost more than an XS650 as well .
So that is a BUMMER :lmao:
Anyway, that is why my XS650 fun has paused just for now.
But I’m facing that currently I cannot scratch my own back or wash the passenger side of the windshield on my truck left handed so...
I’m watching all your cool XS stuff !
-RT

Well I thought I was good to go for my MRI this morning, doc wants a brain scan to see if I have one or if there is something there causing my bad headaches for several months. I'd had an MRI a few years ago for a shoulder separation and while not fun I was able to handle it.

Today was a very different story! After the first 3 minute session he said it was a little blurry despite my doing my best to not move at all! Then he says next would be 20 minutes! No way I could handle that, not sure if it was the noise, confinement or the headache I already had to start but I said no way.

Got rescheduled for next Tuesday with medication to see if that works, it's been over 5 hours since the first session and I'm still not feeling very good.

Today was a very different story! After the first 3 minute session he said it was a little blurry despite my doing my best to not move at all! Then he says next would be 20 minutes!
Oh, this may get interesting ? Hoping for just one try at this :cheers:
Cheers kshansen

Well I thought I was good to go for my MRI this morning, doc wants a brain scan to see if I have one or if there is something there causing my bad headaches for several months. I'd had an MRI a few years ago for a shoulder separation and while not fun I was able to handle it.

Today was a very different story! After the first 3 minute session he said it was a little blurry despite my doing my best to not move at all! Then he says next would be 20 minutes! No way I could handle that, not sure if it was the noise, confinement or the headache I already had to start but I said no way.

Got rescheduled for next Tuesday with medication to see if that works, it's been over 5 hours since the first session and I'm still not feeling very good.

I've had a few MRI brain scans and it isn't pleasant to be confined in such a small space with a plastic mask on your face and the scanner inches away . I did panic one time because I couldn't breathe and was getting over heated . They always have the damn heating on in those departments even in summer .

I found out later that most MRI scanner have a fan . If you ask to have the fan on the cold air really helps to keep you calm and cool.

I have never heard of a brain scan that lasted 20 minutes before. The complete session usually lasts about 20-25 minutes in total but it is broken down into 6-8 small scans lasting between 3 and 8 minutes each .

High blood glucose levels can cause intense head aches..... as can high blood pressure and blocked sinuses . Even tooth infections can cause severe headaches if the infection gets down into the roots and jawbone and causes an inflammation of the Trigeminal nerve which supplies most of the head.

Before I was diagnosed Diabetic my headaches used to last 3 days and nights without a break . They were probably migraines rather than headaches. Once I cut down on my sugar and carbohydrates I have never had a headache like that since in 2 years now( except when I get severely dehydrated.)

I tried all sorts of pain medication but they didn't touch it. The only thing that I found to give relief and allow me a few hours sleep was to put a cold wet flannel over my forehead and eyes.
The cold flannel cools the skin and tissues which causes the blood capillaries to contract and maybe reduces the blood pressure in the head ?

It would be worth doing a early morning fasting blood glucose test to check your blood glucose levels after not eating for 12 hours over night .
Anything above 7 mmol/L indicated pre diabetes

Last edited:
View attachment 141631 Mornin’ XS’ers , Hope everybody had a relaxing and healthy long holiday weekend !
My own XS busyness has slowed to a creep here in Vancouver WA as my dang shoulder injury is not fixing itself lol.
MRI today which was very difficult to schedule as the current health system really wants me to go through physical therapy first (6weeks)? to make determinations ?
I’m stubborn and know that is likely to cause further damage so ., this time I win , MRI today follow up Thur .
Who knows after that :umm:
What is really troubling me is the cost.
It will cost me more than an XS650.
Last year just a small nose cancer spot cost more than an XS650 as well .
So that is a BUMMER :lmao:
Anyway, that is why my XS650 fun has paused just for now.
But I’m facing that currently I cannot scratch my own back or wash the passenger side of the windshield on my truck left handed so...
I’m watching all your cool XS stuff !
-RT

Rotator Cuff injuries are quite common arn't they.
I have had 2x now and both times it took over 12 months before it completely healed and I could use my arm without pain.
A close friend has just had surgery for his rotator cuff and it hasn't gone well really. he has a lot of scaffolding supporting his arm and cannot dress undress or even go for a pee by himself without help . Apparently the scaffolding has to stay on for 9x weeks !

Wow guys! We could start an MRI club. I had one on my head a couple months ago that for whatever reason was a really long one. First one I’ve ever had, it wasn’t really too bad, the hardest part for me was the fact that I have arthritis in my neck and they wouldn’t allow me any neck support and my neck became very painful laying on that hard table so long.
I wish you guys a lot of luck with your conditions, I hope it all turns out well.
Randy, I had chronic shoulder pain for years, so bad I used to have to immobilize my arm some days. You know what cured it? Retirement....go figure, it was just repetitive motion inflammation.

You know what cured it? Retirement....go figure, it was just repetitive motion inflammation.
hmm, “re-tirement” yup those new Continentals are still on my to do list and I’m quite sure that the ride after would relieve some pain .
But I gotta get the bod fixed first.
Enjoy that Arizona blue sky Bob
:bike:

I get bad headaches and they are caused by pressure on my shoulders close to the neck - Tension Headaches. This means I must avoid shirts with collars, suits, jackets and tee shirts. So what do I wear you ask? At home I wear polo shirts with the collars cut off - makes me look like a tramp. At work I wear shirts where I have removed the collars then sewn them back on 1 inch further back so they clear my neck. If I wore a tie the headache would start in approximately 10 minutes.

I use a muscle relaxant which takes the headaches away in about 10 - 15 minutes but makes me drowsy about 2 - 3 hours later unless I am very busy like working on a motorcycle. The relaxant used to be available in the UK in a product called Syndol and half a tablet did the trick. Unfortunately Syndol no longer contains the relaxant. I discovered several years back that the relaxant is contained in a US over the counter sleeping tablet:

s-l225.jpg

A quarter of a Sleep Aid tablet is roughly equivalent to 1/2 a Syndol. I buy these from the US using Ebay. I find that if I take 1/4 tablet 2 or 3 days in a row then they seem to make me feel a bit depressed and angry. Also a week later dreams can be a bit wild with giant spiders. When I have such a dream now I find I say in my dream this is just the medication and the dream stops and I fall a sleep. The spider dreams have stopped now.

If you suffer from tension headaches were the muscles up the neck and back of the head tense up then Sleep Aid is worth a try. If I do not take Sleep Aid the headaches will become very severe and nothing else seems to shift them. I can wear my motorcycle jacket without any problems because when seated the back brace/protector touches the seat and lifts the jacket up clear off my neck. There is always a solution which allows for motorcycle riding!

I used to get bad shoulder pain sleeping. I traced it to my shoulder getting cold. The problem stopped once I smarted up and started sleeping with a woollen jersey on. It too is cut down to clear my neck.

I

I find that if I take 1/4 tablet 2 or 3 days in a row then they seem to make me feel a bit depressed and angry. Also a week later dreams can be a bit wild with giant spiders. When I have such a dream now I find I say in my dream this is just the medication and the dream stops and I fall a sleep. The spider dreams have stopped now.

!

Spider nightmares crikey !:eek:...........

I was reading through your text thinking great this looks like a really useful muscle relaxant and then got to the SPIDER part Arghhhhhhhh

I am absolutely petrified of spiders .....I have a spider proof house and I'm aways checking for spiders wherever I go 24/7 .
I only have to see one move and I'm off like a scalded cat, screaming like a little girl . Spiders are the bane of my life .

Have you ever tried Naproxin ? its prescription. I use it when my back goes into spasm or have other strains and sprains it ususally works within 2-3 days

SYNDOL
apparently it contains
Paracetamol 500mg
Caffiene 30mg
Codeine Phosphate 8mg

Peanut, Syndol used to contain the relaxant Doxylamine Succinate as well but was removed in the UK following the date-rape crisis with Rohypnol. Sleep Aid contains 25mg so 1/4 tablet is a close match to what was in Syndol. I have not tried any Doctor prescribed medications. 24mg Codeine will work but I prefer not to use it because it lacks those giant spider dreams. Seriously now, the codeine makes my mouth dry and stomach feel strange

MRI experience :popcorn:
Have to say that was a real treat !
Not kidding here , that was like a speed nap in a Sci Fi movie. Machine music included.
Was Very comfortable and warm and relaxing in the MRI machine. (realize I was just beat down dog meat yesterday)
Out of all the high technology devices we are exposed to , the medical field equipment is a blessing to get to use.
As far as all the sleeping aids suggested by you guys, thank you , but I actually take very little medication.
Also being a Pacific North West resident I’ve even gone into a local Marijuana shop, they are everywhere, and got a hold of some very expensive per ounce BCD oil /pain killer and let me tell you it works well and fast ! (Flow)
I’m not a toker, gave it up many years before it was legalized. Lol..
Oh, and my little gal has a built in heater that keeps me and the whole bed warm .
Looking forward to seeing the images tomorrow with a Doc and figuring out if stitching is required !
Cheers ! -Randy
:smoke:

Peanut, Syndol used to contain the relaxant Doxylamine Succinate as well but was removed in the UK following the date-rape crisis with Rohypnol. Sleep Aid contains 25mg so 1/4 tablet is a close match to what was in Syndol. I have not tried any Doctor prescribed medications. 24mg Codeine will work but I prefer not to use it because it lacks those giant spider dreams. Seriously now, the codeine makes my mouth dry and stomach feel strange

this is interesting (except for the spider bit.) I am going to do a bit of research into this because my partner suffers very badly with fibromyalgia. She is one bloody tough cookie and never complains but she is constantly wracked with pain and we have tried everything short of cannabis .

This could be some help........thanks for posting Paul

oh and I used to take Co-Codamol for severe back or tooth pain but had a bad experience with it once and have never taken it since. (500mg paracetamol 30mg codeine )
It used to make me feel all warm and glowing all over and very sleepy within about 60 mins. Nice feeling actually :)

Last edited:
Peanut, something I heard about awhile ago, try a Google search on,

"Inflammation health crisis"...

I have been researching Diabetes for some time now and there is a lot of sheer bunkhum out there on the net .

Everybody is jumping on the new bandwaggon about nutrition and low carb Keto Diets etc but there is a lot of nonsense you have to sift through to find the truth Its difficult to find any genuine research these days unless you make a point of checking the source of the information in the links if any.

All Inflamation is simply a symptom of the bodies efforts to rectify chronic and acute health issues and is the process of the bodies constant battle to maintain Homeostasis.

Modern medicine is based on the premise of treating the symptoms of disease (ie the inflamation, ) as apposed to diagnosing the cause and correcting that.

It is currently believed that almost all chronic illness is due to Insulin resistance which is a result of carbohydrate intolerance caused by 30 years of high carb high sugar and low fat diet and nutritional advice.

Two weeks ago there was a paper published that announces that the actual Metabolite that the Liver uses to store fat in the body has now been identified . Apparently it is 250 times more dangerous than glucose.! Until now the process and effects of Metabolic syndrome or Insulinemia has been well known but the mechanism has alluded science and medicine .

Its a very exciting development as we might now be a small step away from preventing all types of chronic illness and possibly some cancers .

Here is the link to the latest podcast from Ivor Cummins in an interview with Professor Robert Lustig at the London annual PHCUK conference Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco

Back