Hello XS650 members

Luckydog

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Pat and this is my first post. I just purchased a 1983 XS650 and plan on building a stretched and dropped bobber with maybe a board track vibe to it. I'm probably in a little over my head with this project so I searched around and found this site hoping to get some guidance and learn things other than my usual hardway :banghead:

Welcome Luckydog there is a lot here for sure you came to the right place. use the tech section, do some searches and if you still need more ask away there are a lot of experienced, knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum.

welcome luckydog, good to see another dog on board lol hahaha cut it up!! I love the bobber board track look,love the hardtails need any info were here to help send some pic's as you go GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN WITH IT.:bike::bike:

Does it run well?
Does it charge the battery well?
Does all the electrics work?
Do the brakes work well?
I might suggest you get it running and rideable so you can get everything working well before you tear it apart for mods. Starting with a well running bike that everything works on it makes the mods easier.
Leo

Thanks for the advice. I have not seen the bike yet other than a few pics on CL. I'm arraigning shipping from Oregon to California on Monday. The owner said it had been garaged for years and needed the fuel system cleaned and new battery which he did. So we'll see when it gets here. I'll take your advice before tearing it down.

Back