Here are CAD files for the Blue/Gold spot caliper mount

highboy_coupe

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have made a 2D template for cutting your own adapters to fit Yamaha gold and blue spot break calipers to 35mm forks.
Feel free to edit them to remove a bit of weight, or change the shape a little, it's easy!
The main thing is that the 10mm holes are in the correct place to seat the caliper nice and tight over the disc, the one that I bought had the disc too far out and so there was only about 50% contact between the pad surface and the disc.
This is for a 289mm disc, and as it is a 2D model (so not variable depth) it requires 2 x 2mm washers between the caliper and the adapter, YMMV on how much spacing you need to do, your disc offset/thickness will dictate this.

I used 2 x M10 x 1.25mm x 35mm (8.8) bolts and 2 nyloc nuts to secure it to the fork legs without having any bolt sticking out near the disc.

I include 2 of the most common CAD file formats, I had mine made from steel, but ally would be nice and light.

http://www.testweb.co.uk/media/adapter_files.rar

Last edited:
I knocked this one up in DraftSight.

IMG_20180709_171124.jpg

I wasn't happy with the caliper placement of mine, I don't know what it was from, but I guess a much bigger disc, as I only had half the pads in contact with the disc.
IMG_20180701_134854.jpg

Much happier with this new one.
On the right you can see a new blank (I had a couple made up today (£10 - bargain!) from my cad file.
The old one really put the caliper way over to the edge of the disc, and I didn't think it would pass the MOT like that.

IMG_20180709_171223.jpg

Last edited:
Back