Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Travis, Sep 29, 2009.
What caught my eye was the Z1 in the background
Here is another sprocket holder. It slide over two teeth and sits on the lower frame tube to tighten or under to loosen. Simple but effective especially if you only have the engine in the frame. each side is for a different sprocket
As suggested I’ll add this here.
Sprocket holding tool.
I love the simplicity of that design!
Well, I was at it again this past summer with my little welder, lol. I had this 4'- 6" long length of scrap I-beam, actually it's an H-beam. An H-beam differs from an I-beam in that the top and bottom flanges are parallel to one another and not tapered .....
This makes it ideal for clamping stuff to it. Even though it was just laying loose atop my scrap metal pile, I often did just that, clamping pieces of metal to it for drilling, cutting, and/or grinding. It was very handy for this but obviously not that stable just sitting there loose on top of the scrap pile, lol. So, I decided to turn it into a couple of small, heavy duty (very heavy duty as it turned out) saw horses. First step was to cut the beam in half, giving me two shorter ones about 27" long .....
With the leg assemblies installed, the horses sit about 17.5" high .....
The leg assemblies just slide on the ends of the beams and are held in place by set bolts .....
The set bolts were turned into "T'' bolts by welding a strip of plate across the tops, so they can be loosened and tightened by hand .....
I wanted the legs to come off so I could easily break them down for transport. They turned out great and I've been using the heck out of them, lol.
Well those just might be the nicest saw horses I’ve ever seen! Up to any task, and I dare say the wind won’t knock em over!
This is the tool I made for removing stuck oil screen covers.
Here it is in use.
The tool consists of a piece of hardwood salvaged from a chair rail. The studs are full-diameter M6 shanks cut from really long M6 bolts. The wood started splitting when I used it on a particularly stuck-on cover, so I added the three wood screws for reinforcement.
It's surprising how often these covers are stuck on bikes that weren't maintained. Or, when owners get heavy-handed with gasket cement, and it oozes all over. I now routinely use this tool on any cover that doesn't just fall out by itself.
These look great 5T - I'll take a set!
or the industrial version; pins sized to fit the head recess diameter.
cuz the northern butchers are not beyond double gluing that SOB with aviation gasket sealer.
That tool is now multi use, the other end has pins to undo Lockheed disc brake caliper threaded covers.
Only tool I've made recently was my truing stand. Only spent about $30 since I only had to buy a pair of 6002 bearings and a 15mm rod.
Separate names with a comma.