How do your bars and wiring clean up?

Craft518

n00b
Reaction score
There has been a few threads on this but I just wanna know how many of you all run a three position ignition switch like a car? I only have to run ignition switch, high/low, horn and kill at that point. Greatly reducing the amount of switches.

Just got legally inspected without blinks so I'm pumped on reducing the loom and wiring footprint to clean this baby up.

whats your take guys/gals? Photos and suggestion links welcome!!!:thumbsup:

I may be wrong but I hear some automotive ignition switches don't love the vibration..

I run a honda 3 position one. Im not sure what bike its off of, but its pretty small.

Im working on running miniswitches and running all my handlebar wiring internally. Im keeping a full wire harness though so cant help you there.

Just to tack on here. What switches are people using? I am planning a chopped bike and only need blinks, hi/lo beam, horn, and kill. I would love to other peoples setup as most of the switches I am finding look like crap or really pricey...

Maybe pricey but those are hot looking. I can't find if they will do a standard on-off toggle instead of on on-off-on toggle.

In reality I don't mind pricey as long as it doesn't look like garbage. I have a friend with a CNC; might have to have him make me some blocks.

They will. Theyve got all kinds of switches. Ill be running an on-off switch on the right for a kill switch, and an on-off-on and momentary switch on the left for turns and horn.
They were super helpful to deal with and gave me 30% off the posted price on there website.

If you could get someone to make up some similia style switch housing, Im sure you could make some money off of them. The actual switchs arent hard to find, its the housing.

MechNewb,

Can you look at the manufacture mark on the actual switches and let me know who makes them?

Also I am thinking if I have someone make the blocks for me I might also insert indicator LED's for the turn and hi/lo.

All they say are 6A/ 125 VAC. On the other side is a symbol of three upside down 'V's, kind of overlapping like the silhouette of three mountains and then JAPAN.

These are all awesome ideas. I think ill find a nice three position that will handle the vibes and run the kill at the oil bag. High low and horn very clean at the left bar somehow with something from dimecitycycles. I saw a few "all in one" options that are low profile if anyone is looking for that type of thing. Cheers

You can also consider putting the hi/low headlight switch on the headlight housing. That's a common way since most don't use there high beam all that often.

use a sealed switch dust and water resistant (honeywell 1tl1-1) part number MS24523-21 OR 22 they are what i have used with no problems.

Back