How far is too far

kevski

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Several of solo's replies and others quotes of his replies have been edited for language. If y'all want to argue about or debate this take it to the lounge, capiche?
Should not need to be taken to the lounge, moderators or admin should block the offender but yet it continues, banter is one thing abuse is another, my last ever post on this site.

We have a situation in a thread, this was about inevitable I guess. So you want to rage about this, here's the thread. offensive language, baiting rules still apply.

I apologize for my comments regarding the 'plug'. Many of you know that I'm always goofing around on here and some of S2R's comments and retorts are sooooooo easy to flinch at! It just brings the 'HOLY CRAP!' factor out of me and I want to chase the topic around like a thing that chases other things... I seriously apologize, but it's part of the fun here! I'll try to limit my rhetoric... S2R is a... ! Sorry, that slipped... SEE???!!!

Calm down. It's over. He left apparently.

I hate to see people leaving the site because it's not friendly enough, but also don't like to over-moderate. I can see how your first statement was a little harsh, and you got a harsh response. He probably reacted the way he did because of your history of arguing and being harsh. If everyone would just play nice and not a be an ass when they disagree, the world would be a better place. :wink2: Being a subtle ass over and over get's people stirred up just as much as one blatant dickhead statement.

I can see how it would come off as a little harsh to keveski after he just said "I know a former motorcycle rider who rides one [a trike] because he only has the use of one arm as many years ago a drunk driver wiped him out and damaged his arm beyond repair." Your response basically comes off as "Having one arm is a bullshit excuse to ride a trike! He could just keep riding his motorcycle by removing the front brake and swapping the clutch to right side". In my opinion, that's a bullshit reply that only provokes an argument. He didn't have to reply with what he did, but I can understand how he took offense. I probably would too.

Sure, but it was a little harsh and someone took offense. Then you get extra offended that they took offense and replied with something harsh, so you say things like very few people deserve your manners and that most members of the site when it comes to bikes are dumb. And you wonder why people have a problem with you. Then you play victim and say "they started it". The common denominator is you. I'm not saying I have a problem with you, or people who like to stir things up a bit, but when you say things that get people riled up on a fairly consistent basis, you can't pretend it's not your fault.

It has nothing to do with hardtails vs. cafes. That all started about a month back with a thread you started.

Back