How to clean aluminum:

Get paint stripper for sure if the clear hasnt been removed yet, than wax and polish theyvwill shine like chrome.

Bench grinder and polishing wheels. Lots of info on here, it just takes time. I also swear by mothers billet polish. It costs a small fortune but it gives unreal shine.

I bought some "aluminum cleaner" from napa. It's an acid based cleaner and works great! It will only clean the dirt and caked/baked on dirt/grime. It wont polish it to a shiny finish but gives you a great starting point for polishing it
Here is my atv engine halves You can see what it will do. Hope this helps!
IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

Wow, what a difference. Thanks, will get some of that, I also seen a video of a guy use marvel mystery oil with good results, (just on a rag, I was surprised how much grime and dirt it took off.

I bought some "aluminum cleaner" from napa. It's an acid based cleaner and works great! It will only clean the dirt and caked/baked on dirt/grime. It wont polish it to a shiny finish but gives you a great starting point for polishing it
Here is my atv engine halves You can see what it will do. Hope this helps!
IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

That's pretty good...what's the name of it?

Also, is it a spray on? I'm wondering the best way to clean the cooling fins?

It's called "aluminum cleaner" I got it from Napa. Yea it's in a spray bottle. I sprayed it with the cleaner and then took a wire brush and brushed it a little then pressure washed it off. The whole process took about 5 min, it goes pretty quick.

Back