Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - Any Interest?

Hugh---Please sign me up for one as soon as you replenish your supply---thanks tim

for the guys who were lucky enough to get the first batch, how was the install ? and how long did it take you guys time wise to get it installed ? any reviews on it yet also.

for the guys who were lucky enough to get the first batch, how was the install ? and how long did it take you guys time wise to get it installed ? any reviews on it yet also.

As long as you don't take it apart, or break the seal on the system (air) you can install this in about 20 minutes or so... 30 if you drink a cold one while doing so :thumbsup: 3 Hours if you drink a 6 pack first :laugh:

If you get air in the system, you'll have alot of fun bleeding it, and cuss everything in your direct path :banghead: - so try not to do that :laugh:

I just got my first paycheck from my fancy new job. Unfortunately, I have some expenses that are higher priority, but I'm planning on doing this swap when I redo my electricals and controls.

Keep up the good work, Hugh!

~ Derek

I am 13 hours ahead of you.... you should give me a 13 hour head start ..lol I'll get one before the Army sends me back to NC........ hopefully

Can an order be placed for back order? (to save me from having to periodically check the site)

You could do what I did...subscribe to this topic and Hugh will post when they're in stock like he did Thursday.
Got the notification and bought mine 10 minutes later :thumbsup:

It's so small.

ArcbRYjCQAAg8VT.jpg:medium

I figured I would get a faster response on the forum than by email. I received my kit today and have installed it.....ironically it took me longer to get the handlebar grip off than to remove the cover and install the whole setup!! :laugh:

Anyway, it seems great but I have one small annoyance...it's not that big a deal but.....

The handle lever is too damn small! :doh:

Maybe it's just me-- I do have pretty big hands-- but the lever needs to be closer to stock size. It reminds me of the handbrake on a bike with training wheels. I mean, sure you can use two fingers to use the clutch, but I keep both hands firmly on the handlebars at all times, and I don't like my fingers to slip off the end of levers. Is there or will there be a larger size lever available? It does not seem like a complicated swap.

If not then I'm sure I will be fine once I get the grip on but just wondering :)

P.S. I didn't go to trouble of removing gas tank, seat, or carbs during install......wasn't necessary for me.

Edit: Having problems discussed in this thread: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=178439

Last edited:
I'd asked Hugh a few times if he knew of a matching lever for the brake side, since my ride has nickle ones, and the kit comes only in black. He said he was looking into it, but at this point there wasn't. I'm not sure, but is it a custom-made lever on this kit, or could it be traded out to the size you like, Splexin? I'd like to keep my nickle levers myself...

Back