I'm back with a new project!

Wrongo nh-jk,
stock has the potential to be upgraded into something better.
Rather than to be denigrated like your last effort.
Well, you did right by the handlebars and kept the rear suspension at least but the rest of it?
A rear tire on the front to screw up the handling even further than by removing the front fender?
Removing the rear fender so your jacket picks up 20lbs of mud if you ride in the rain?
And an exhaust designed to set a passenger's leg on fire?
All that remains is to swap in a PMA and a peanut tank to make the bike a total fuckup.
Realising that he has just described my exact bike lol :)

Your bike, your decision. Only person on the planet that has to like it is you.

Hell, I went out and plunked down damn near 11 grand for a brand new bike and I've got a whole shelf full of stuff I took off it because I didn't like it. Windshield, seat, hand guards, peg feelers, tail light bracket, bag mounts. Then I added on a radiator guard, rear fender extender, bar risers, mirror extenders, upper and lower engine guards, custom tail light/license plate mount, custom rear turn signal mounts, seat, bar end weights, grip puppies and my own bag mounts.

Point being, motorcycles are highly individual in nature and riders tend to be pretty darned individual themselves. Part of what makes it so much fun.

Your bike, your decision. Only person on the planet that has to like it is you.

Hell, I went out and plunked down damn near 11 grand for a brand new bike and I've got a whole shelf full of stuff I took off it because I didn't like it. Windshield, seat, hand guards, peg feelers, tail light bracket, bag mounts. Then I added on a radiator guard, rear fender extender, bar risers, mirror extenders, upper and lower engine guards, custom tail light/license plate mount, custom rear turn signal mounts, seat, bar end weights, grip puppies and my own bag mounts.

Point being, motorcycles are highly individual in nature and riders tend to be pretty darned individual themselves. Part of what makes it so much fun.
Yeah I know, just made me laugh as I was wincing reading it...mine has that...and that...andddd that...buuuttt Its mine...I built it and love her....however I would love a stock xs650 in black and gold :)

My frankenbobber attached
20170803_130916.jpg

ZACKLEY!!! - that is why no two bikes are precisely alike IMO. We’re all a little weird (shall we say...individualistic..) and so we all like different things, in different amounts.

Otherwise, we would all drive a grey Camry-Altima-Fusion-Malibu with the AM radio tuned to the local church station and stay warm and dry, instead of riding around like a bunch of teenyboppers on noisey, dangerous, slightly unreliable machines that rattle our bones and expose us to the weather - while grinning like idiots and swearing that we are having fun.

Pete
(Weird in Windsor)

Last edited:
Nh-jk - looking forward to your seeing your new build come along. Nice job on your current one.

I bought the parts of a 1980 XS650 to build the bike I wanted. They were all connected to each other so it was a pain in the butt to take them apart and I threw a lot of pieces out anyways.

Back