Indexing spark plugs

http://www.briskusa.com/find-spark-plug/non_automotive/22244/620

Brisk application chart. Entering in my '74 TXA the search recommends a standard resistor plug for my bike(not the special 2 or three sparkers). Haven't tried the cross reference yet. Not using a resistor plug in my bike, don't want to change to a non-resistor cap, they just don't contact well.

Edit, Wasn't able to cross reference NGK BP7ES

Scott

Last edited:
Scott, download their non-automotive powersports application catalog (7.74mb .pdf), scroll down to page 135, which has the various XS and TX 650 offerings. Even tho' the TX doesn't show the plug, I see no reason to exclude it...

Okay, a little cut/paste, here's an extract from that catalog:

BriskCatalog2017.jpg

That's the same plug that the search gave me. LR14S, that's a standard plug, resistor type. Brisk does recommend standard plugs for points ignition in their other lit.

Last edited:
Ah, honorable Fred. I am only the messenger.

Engage your Web-foo, and ye shall find.

Use the farce, Fred...
Hi 2Many,
OK then, I used my Web-Fu and found a few US suppliers. Their price varies from US$14 to US$18 each.
Then there's maybe twice that on top of the price to ship them and that's if they'll even ship to Canada.
I'll see if anyone local sells them. If not, Effem.
I'd still like to know if anyone on the list has tried them.

I'll take the night at the bar, thank you very much, lol. $46 would buy me 23 regular $2 NGKs and even though I change them quite often, that's still probably twice as many as I've run through my 650 in the last dozen years.

I'm sure there is an advantage with those unshielded plugs even if slight. The stopper for me would be the cap type that those would need. Being a resistor plug they would have the large un-removable terminal right? I've done the resistor plug and automotive type cap before, wasn't comfortable with that type of crimp or the contact of the plug and cap, also the cap was 12mm and the plug was 10mm, yeah, it worked but I decided to never do that again. So, I'm much more comfortable with non-resistor plugs, resistor caps with a good grip on the plugs bare stud.

Scott

Last edited:
No, I just fire the old turd up and ride. I was surprised to discover how many "mechanics and professional shops" are willing to slap together a bike but will not do engine work. I have a spare motor that is slowly being built by me using you tube and manuals.

No, I just fire the old turd up and ride. I was surprised to discover how many "mechanics and professional shops" are willing to slap together a bike but will not do engine work. I have a spare motor that is slowly being built by me using you tube and manuals.
Maybe they are not real mechanics and maybe the shops are not really professional. Low amount of skill required to bolt on aftermarket parts, while high amount of skill required to properly re-build an engine. :twocents:

Back