Is anyone making the stator plates for the RD350 electric conversion?

The RZ350 is basically a banshee motor with a little different setup to make it streetable.

I used this pattern for mine and it worked excellent.

Posted via Mobile

Sweet! Then the search begins!!
Just have to find a Banshee set up, i think ebay might be my only option..... like it better when i can hold it in my hands.

You may also look on craigslist. I've heard of others having luck finding parts there.

Or you may check with the local ATV shops to see if there's anybody around that has a banshee that has upgraded their Ignition setup and has the stock stuff sitting in a corner somewhere.

You really only need the flywheel and stator bracket from the banshee. The stator just has to be a certain size (dimensionally). I think I saw a list of compatible stators farther up in this thread. I used a stator from a VF500

Posted via Mobile

Im not making the Stator mounting plates but i do supply

Fully functional allready built up Permanent magnet alternators if anyone is interested, I ship to every country in the world

You will get a three phase stator
Three phase reg rec
stator plate
Stator adaptor plate
Rotor
Bolts
and Full instructions

Anyone is interested please just drop me a message :)

i`ve seen the adapter plate diy plans. huges sells a 5mm thick plate in aluminum. 5mm is slightly thiner then the 1/4 plate i have. does it have to be 5mm? can it be steel instead of aluminum? just want to know what options i might have in making one. thanks

okay, so i found a guy locally that has a lot of old banshee parts and stuff. if i am going to do a PMA exactly what should i ask for from the guy? and what is the going rate for all the parts to do something like this?

all you need is the rotor flywheel and adapter plate from the banshee. You need a 3 phase stator from something else (Ninja, etc..) check out Hugh's post in the tech section. He has several compatible ones listed there. Don't get beat on the flywheel. I got mine for $60 on eBay. I got a NEW adapter from DennisKirk.com for less than $20. You will still need to get a new reg/rec and mounting bracket that mounts the adapter to the case. I got the reg/rec and mounting brackets from Hugh. Easy peasy

i asked about plate thickness because i didn`t have the parts to measure. it does`nt matter now as i`ve aquired a 29 9\16" x 20" x 5mm aluminum plate. cleaned out a garage for a woman after her husband died. found the plate in the garage. even got paid to take it. free works for me.

Thanks for the info on the screw lock helicoils.. didn't know about that.. You could just use loc-tite but that works too I guess. Even with quality billet parts NOT made in China I've never seen that done. Cool idea though I guess... as long it's not increasing the cost of the part too much.. I don't think I'd value that at more than a few dollars. :twocents:

I'm working at a company that does precision manufacturing and we use helicoils on parts for Raytheon. The steel helicoil threads are just much stronger than aluminum threads. It's not my department but I believe that the helicoil gets better positive contact on the helicoil threads (there are custom taps for them) than a bolt would. So you have a better fit on the aluminum threads and the steel threads are strong enough that it doesn't particularly matter.

We use a lot of the locking inserts on military aircraft including helicopter transmissions and gas turbine jet engines.

We also have some cool epoxies that are kept in the freezer and flow below 32 degrees, then cure hard as a rock at room temp. Fun to epoxy your buds coffee cup to their toolbox with.

you could try somebody in the aussie yamaha xs650 club ,,, they have been advertised on there before ,,,send terry the web site guy an email... regards oldbiker

Drewbaby, I think you misspoke in your responce to Spooge. He needs the rotor and stator mounting plate. The adapter plate is what Punkskalar sells. The adapter plate is what adapts the stator mounting plate to the XS engine cases.
Punskalar wrote a thread on how to do the swap and lists just what you need to do the swap.
He has even put together a kit with all you need, including a brand new reg/rec. With just the right amount of wires to do the job.
Check out his thread and contact him for the price of his adapter plate. I think it's $30.
Leo

Back