June 2013 First time builds Contest

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
In your garage builds only no I sent it here for the frame, there for the wiring "wallet builds" this month.

Any style of XS650 based bike. The bike has to be ride-able.

Here's how it works:
First, someone "nominates" a bike they'd like to see in this month's competition (post a picture or link to the build thread too), next, someone else "seconds" the nomination, when the bike owner accepts, the bike is in the competition.
First 5 bikes nominated, seconded, and accepted will be entered in the contest/poll.

Builders; you are encouraged to post a picture of your bike and give us some background to see if you can get someone to else to nominate you.
OK have at it and try to keep this civil.

I wish I could enter this contest. Not because I think my build is worthy but because I wish it was licensed and ride-able.

I wish I could enter this contest. Not because I think my build is worthy but because I wish it was licensed and ride-able.

Same here! Mine is not licensed OR rideable because it is in boxes! Would have liked to enter though as this is my first bike AND first build ........

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

lol no worries bud, no pressure on me to finish mine off then!!

Although, she is a roller, does that count??!:D

I'll throw my hat into the ring for a nomination. This was my first build and my buddies second. She has been lowered 2" and had 4" added to the swing arm. The cantilevered seat also serves as the upper shock mount for the mono shock conversion off a CBR600RR. Clip on handle bars and a sportster tank as you can see. All the electrics are mounted on the bottom side of the swing arm including the regulator, rectifier, starter solenoid, and my Shorai Battery. My buddy and I have had a lot of fun with this project. Here is a pic and a link to my build thread. Enjoy.

photo_zps59bf841e.jpg

Just getting started

Ok.... i'll need to hurry up if I want to enter this one! Hope i'll do it before the first 5...

How about an annual award contest, can do different categories, name the trophy with a big name of our cycle community... throwing that as an example: Best Custom Exhaust: The Gordon Scott Award, Best Rebuilt Motor: The HHB Award... try to get some tiny sponsorships maybe just for the excitement...

I'm sure you can find at least 12 awards, so at the end, take those winners and do a crazy calendar! bada bing bada boum!:bike:

And another XSOTM dies while in the planning stage. :doh: Doesn't anybody want to put their bikes up? Or is my bike so Badass that they feel like they'd be no competition to me. :umm: LOL

Come on guys, post 'em up. Lets get the XSOTM back on track here!!!!

I'll throw mine out there. Here is my build thread. I know it's not the prettiest but it is my first complete build and all the work has been done by me. I will take some more current pics after I get the motor put back in after doing a 277* rephased 750 kit. I hope to have it back in by monday.

Where would i post the pix unfocuced? Also the engine is pulled oute machin. I'm waiting for the shop :( In the meantime i have a collection of parts i'm stoked to install!!

Back