Just'a intro

DanW

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to hi--new to the forum but have been lurking for months. I have a '72 xs650 that I bought a few months ago -- recently got running and I'm slowly converting to a street tracker. I shaved a few things--added renthal mx bars, pods, scott gordon custom exhaust, and rejetted. That's about where I'm at as of now. Currently deciding on what swingarm to go with (to extend her out)--- which I think from what I've read the '74 and up models are a bolt on (not 100% sure yet). Eventually subframe will be changed to fit a champion style seat pan, freshen up motor with a bit of porting/matching/ polishing, aluminum rims.... Here's a few pics--notice the cut-out wrestling pad I've been using for a seat for the past few months--no shame in my game!

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 205
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 198
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 202
Welcome,and it's always great when new guy's post pic's. i like your bike, the old ones look great but I guess all xs's are old!!

Welcome , And yes a 74 up swing arm will bolt right in. As i recall the 74 up is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches longer.
If you can find one the tx750 swing arm is the same length as the 74 up 650 but made from larger diameter tubing. A tiny bit heavier but much stiffer.
If you look around you will find pics with them side by side and you will see the difference.
Leo

Hi Dan'
Welcome ...your new pipes look good. Your old pipes cleaned up nice. Thanks again. I'm moving along on my XS1 rebuild. Dropped rims off to get new tires. I painted frame last weekend. Painting and cleaning everything else as I reassemble it. Dropped off a NOS candy Green lamp ear at an auto paint store in Warminster to get a paint match ( I hope) it will be 100% stock . My engine tranny rebuilds done I just have to polish the engine. Next spring I'll ride it up . Stopped at that little coffee shop when we left. See attached picture.
Regards,
Dave. AKA CPKID272978[/ATTACH]"]http://
dfe4f6a8.jpg

Attachments

• dfe4f6a8.jpg
    dfe4f6a8.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks everyone. Dave you're making me look bad--slow down with that project so I don't feel so damn slow. I bought a '76 swingarm off ebay and next will be sourcing shocks that look like the works performance ones but maybe a 1/5 of the price. Keep me updated with pics Dave.

Back