Mailmans XS2 , the rebuild.......again

What month in the Calendar do you want the next five years .???
I Dont think I would have " The Minerals " for test-ride it If it was my own.
And would not consider it if it was someone else's

Ha! :laugh2: Well thank you. I do enjoy riding it though. I might as well, my wife won’t let me park it in the living room. :laugh:

Did I mention I like the idea of red and white?
I have to comment on the final paint scheme. Exceptional, of course! Totally captures the ambience of the original design but adds a touch of 'je ne sais quoi" Modernization?
I, for one, was dumbfounded when a man of your obvious attention to detail opted for a short cut approach to the finish, (plain red). This kept me awake at night Bob, for which I don't thank you. I picked up no crumbs!
Jim, can I get you to do my kitchen & bathroom?? They're Ikea so I can ship them over!
An excellent job my friends! Enjoy!

Last edited:
For those of you that haven't figured it out yet, this scheme came in green/white (XS-1), gold/white (XS-1B) and red/black (Oceania XS-2). So the candy red and white is a one of a kind scheme. Que Winnie the Pooh.... "the wonderful thing about tiggers.... is I'm the only one." :smoke:

447gruen.jpg

800x600xs1b.folder2.jpg

Yamaha-20XS-1-2071_1.jpg

Edit:.... and Oceania gold/black....

1 f(1) - Copy 1.jpg

For those of you that haven't figured it out yet, this scheme came in green/white (XS-1), gold/white (XS-1B) and red/black (Oceania XS-2). So the candy red and white is a one of a kind scheme. Que Winnie the Pooh.... "the wonderful thing about tiggers.... is I'm the only one." :smoke:

View attachment 188689

View attachment 188690

View attachment 188691

Edit:.... and Oceania gold/black....

View attachment 188697
I like all of those colour schemes. My favourite though would be the green.
Lovely job on Bobs tank, by the way.

I like all of those colour schemes. My favourite though would be the green.
Lovely job on Bobs tank, by the way.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm more partial to the green also... but I do like the small stripe on both sides of the larger one ala the gold scheme.

Well I got my bike out for a little break in run this morning, it almost ended before it began. I rolled my bike out to the curb, turned my gas on and immediately I had gas dripping from both petcocks! Crap! I pushed my bike back into the garage and took all my gear off and looked for the problem. Turned out to be an easy fix, there is a drain screw in each petcock that for some reason I never tightened. A couple of quick twists with a screwdriver and I was on my way!
Just ran around close to home for this first run, just to be safe. A little 20 mile run.
The boys of summer, old codger version. :laugh2:
49DC6132-47B7-48AA-A742-C0E1CFBBE221.jpeg

FC04C4DB-0F60-4784-BD92-FCDA5A5F5518.jpeg
A50DE706-EAB7-455C-8397-AAF14452F95D.jpeg

When I got home I checked it all over for any leaks, but no drips no runs no errors! :thumbsup: It’s running cleanly and it pulls strong. I was worried that that melted tank liner that started this whole mess , may have left some lingering issues, but everything seems good. Even my clutch which had become so grabby and hard to free up that I thought there might be no saving the friction plates, but again, no worries? Yay! :cheers:

On a side note, remember those crusty tank emblems that I restored? I was going to put them on the tank when I got it back, but then I realized they were different from what I was running. They are gold letters instead of silver.
I can’t quite figure out what these were made for. I don’t think any of the 650’s wore these emblems. Anybody know?

5EC3CD64-6C95-44A0-B31A-5FBE7EC939F6.jpeg

Back