Mikes alternator brushes product warning

Bought a set of those brushes from Mikes last year...work good for me but perhaps there was a bad batch a few years ago? Seems like hit/miss with Mike's. :(

I guess one way to look at it is most parts have a warranty and the more places that carry parts for these old girls the better for us.
I have started to collect parts that I think will be failing at some point like cables, points condensers etc.
The biggest thing I have finding is the self control in buying every 650 I see!

I guess one way to look at it is most parts have a warranty
I bought the internal snap ring pliers from Mikes to remove the snap ring in the M/C a couple of years ago. Some where along the line (their buyer, receiver??) they ended up with external pliers and that is what they shipped me. I contacted them and they said I didn't know how to operate snap ring pliers but they would refund my purchase price if I shipped them back on my dime. Never bought a thing since and won't buy anything in the future. If it takes Mikes to get parts for these I'll scrap every one I own. They lost a customer and gained an enemy over less than $20. I'll never miss a chance to point out their inferior products and bad business practices.
You (anyone reading) can buy parts if you want but I refuse to put another penny in their pockets. If you do buy from them and haven't gotten burned yet, you are still supporting a business that will put the screws someone sometime.

Anytime a Company refuses to pay return shipping by providing a call tag on an item, or at least promise the shipping will be refunded is wrong. This is the reason I hate to buy the Chinese Ebay crap, Usually by the time you pay for shipping to validate their warranty it isn't worth it, and they know it.
They also have the crappiest attitude for customer retention on the Planet! They JUST DON"T CARE!
Sucks getting the wrong part wrdr.

I've pretty much adopted a gunsmithing attitude towards aftermarket replacement parts. In gunsmithing, you can't just plop new parts into a gun without risking serious injury. Hammer and sear faces must be matched, new barrel chambers precision reamed and checked, bolt lugs lapped, bolt faces checked, firing pins fitted and length checked, ...etc.

As a member on another machinists forum said:

"Sometimes you buy a tool, what you get is an unfinished kit"...

Sorry to hear that folks are having bad experiences with MikesXS...I recently purchased some gaskets and other bits, communication and shipping time was excellent! The value of the Aussie $ has nothing to do with Mike, neither does the crap postal system here in Oz. Thanks for the tip about electrical gear, I'll shop for that elsewhere! Cheers A.

Back