Mono-shock (whitexk) complete

I've seen this bike in person, at a local bike show. Shared a booth with a friend of mine.

Nice, nice motorcycle. Fit and finish is perfect. It's should be used as an example of fine motorcycle craftsmanship.

And that's when I began honestly looking for a XS650 to fill the gap my XJ550R and GS550EN cafe's left. Which is why I now own, tagged, and titled a XS650B. Inspiring.

OK, know this thread is old as Methuzelah, but can anyone tell me the specific model of Monoshock used for this build? I am looking to recreate the basic frame setup, and this info would cut out a bit of trial and error.

Wow and how! What a work of art!

Two questions from a complete noob:

1. What's that finish on the engine cases? Bead-blasted maybe?

2. How did you fill the badge areas on the tank? I'd really like to do that with mine, but the only thing that occurs to me is Bondo, and I don't know that I trust that.

I'm not sure if you'll get an answer. This thread is about a year and a half old and I think he sold the bike. :(

I'll take a stab at it. The engine covers look like flat or semi flat silver paint. As for the badges, I've done something similar by carefully grinding out the mounting tabs so you're just left with a dent, then fill it in with good bondo.

I'm not sure if you'll get an answer. This thread is about a year and a half old and I think he sold the bike. :(

Yeah, I noticed that. Thought maybe somebody else would have some input.

I'm not entirely sure but I think he is sometimes on www.dotheton.com . I seem to remember seeing the bike on there as well.

Shoot him a pm, chances are he will still be using the same e mail and should get a notification of the pm through that.

Hey guys, sorry I have not been around here much. I am busy with school and I did a internship under Radical Ducati last summer.

with the cases, I believe on the left hand side it was either a kit from mikesxs or I machined it down and used a big dog cover. Then on the right hand side I had it welded up carefully then I had to grind it down.

I then powder coated the cases and painted the cylinder (powdercoating doesn't allow for the heat to escape).

The rear spring was off of a R6, I am sorry I do not remember the year but I know it was a bit to stiff and the new owner replace the spring for a softer one.

I think the new owner is out east but that might be him in TX.

Here are some of my other builds since then

Triumph

CB550

CB500

Back