Motolanna.com

Have never ordered, but have looked at their products. Their swingarm is a sweet piece, a bit pricey, but Radian swingarms are off the charts lately. I emailed him once to ask a question, judging his response, he is not Thai. Perfect English grammar, and I should know, I lived in Thailand for 2 years.

I ordered from Motolana a few months ago:

Stainless Steel Turn Signal Brackets....A+

35mm Cast Alloy Headlight Brackets...B were not polished as pictured. Casting marks and not evenly polished so I filed and polished them myself. Not too much work and they look good now.

Polished Billet Fork Top Bolts...A or F These pieces were made well and nicely polished. Too bad they don't fit my 77. Must be for bikes with 34mm tubes. I should have known better. I can rework these so they fit my bike so I kept them.
Hey Motolana Peter, (if you are reading this) please update the website to list the model years these parts will actually fit.

I ordered from Motolana a few months ago:
Polished Billet Fork Top Bolts...A or F These pieces were made well and nicely polished. Too bad they don't fit my 77. Must be for bikes with 34mm tubes. I should have known better. I can rework these so they fit my bike so I kept them.
Hey Motolana Peter, (if you are reading this) please update the website to list the model years these parts will actually fit.

Those bolts are designed for 35mm SR500 forks. The Yamaha parts fiche shows the same top bolts used on the XS650 (at least for 77 & 78 models). What year XS do you have? I would like to figure what models they will not work with.

Thanks.
Peter

MotoLanna Peter,

Thanks for following up on the fitting issue of these polished top bolts. I just looked up the parts fiche for my 1977 XS650D and also a 1978 SR500 and you are correct that they have the same part number for the fork top bolt. [1T3-23111-50-00 BOLT, CAP (2) ]

That doesn't mean that they fit my 77D, it just means that they won't fit a 78 SR500 either. My stock top bolts look like this... the one on the ratchet in this photo I borrowed from another thread.

Top Bolt.jpg

You can also see in the photo how far down into the tube the threads start. The MotoLanna polished top bolts did not fit into the tube, they were too fat. If they did fit into the tube I do not think that they would catch enough threads to be safe and solid.

I'll be using my stock bolts in the tube and then cut off the Motolanna polished tops as caps.....

Good luck figuring this out, Stretch

Uggh... Looks like they will only fit the late model JDM (gray market) SRs, and maybe SRXs. Verifying exactly which years is going to be a pain because I haven't found a fiche for the JDM bikes. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

bigjimmy, I've ordered mirrors/ front gaurd/ chain gaurd plus more from motolanna and the quality is great in my humble opinion, in fact ordered a billet top yoke bolt last week (in anticipation of bobberbills top triple clamp being available soon) and recieved the part in Canberra Aust within the week.
I have no problem recommending them to others
cheers

I have those foot peg rubbers, they are very nice, but you do have to grind off some of the extra peg materiel since it's not square...you'll understand one you get stock rubber off. Flap wheel disk knock it out quick.

Most of their parts are intended for SRs but they have some stuff that will fit the XS too.

I have ordered a few things from these guys and they have fantastic customer service. Before I even purchased anything, I sent them an email regarding fabrication on one of their SR seats and got a personalized email back with pictures of the seat on an XS and a description of how to mount it.

The parts look great and are pretty inexpensive for the quality on everything I've got.

Motolanna have been good to me. I'm in Philippines and it usually takes 4 weeks to get anything from the USA. They are very attentive to their customers needs and problems and ship to SE Asia very fast. I particularly like their front turn signal brackets that mount onto the lower tripple tree.

Back